+1

Question Sign of previous engine pull?

Is there a way to tell if engine in a RXP has been previously pulled?

Thanks

+1
    not if it's done correctly

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    there will always be some kind of mark on a lifting point.

more important question is what the concern about the engine pull is....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    there will always be some kind of mark on a lifting point.

more important question is what the concern about the engine pull is....
    There's marks on the lifting hook from the factory so that doesn't prove anything. I lift my motors out with an old seatbelt, no scratches ever.

+1
    I always go by the type of clamps to tell whats been apart... if the otiker type clamps are there, i assume it hasn't been apart. If cooling and boost hoses have worm gear clamps or anything else i assume it's been previously molested...

+1
    sometimes there is a marker dye/chalk on the bolts of the motor mounts where you can tell if its broken or not. other than that its hard like previously said if done right.

+1
    Bought this ski used, just paranoid that at some point in its past the SC has failed and they never cleaned up the engine. It's at 240 hours right now, I rebuild the SC 5 hours ago when I picked it up. Old one had metal washers.

Pretty sure the motor has been pulled before, all kinds of zip ties out of place along with non stock clamps on things like the intercooler.

Lost about 1" of coolant from the overfill in the 5 hours I've had it with some hard riding. Will do a pressure test of the cooling system, hoping it's not a head gasket.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    if they hadn't cleaned the engine at least half assed, it would be done by now..

Never seen it discussed here, but it would be interesting to know the standing and say 5k rpm expected oil pressures with fresh 10.40

low oil pressure at idle could be an indication of some main bearing/ oil pump damage.

for a little ( and I mean little) peace of mind you can do an extensive examination of your next oil filter to look for signs of damage

don't count on the lack of proper clampage as being a clue.

If it had an Otiker on it, it leaves with one in place.

don't blow the head gasket by getting overzealous looking for a leak. an inch of coolant is what 3 oz?

keep an eye on the tank and check the plugs now and then. You could get your oil checked for any signs of coolant contamination.

Most likely,its leaking at the heat exchanger spigots. Hard to get to, and a pain all around due to rough fiberglass.

here's one place where a worm clamp is a huge improvement over what the factory did.

If you were able to run it hard for five hours and it hasn't grenade yet, that's great.

Get a bright flashlight and have a peek at the stern for the heat exchanger connections for any signs of coolant.

Watch for drippage from the ride plate itself also, sometimes leak would appear under the little torx bolts that hold the entire plate together.

+1
    Will have a look for leaks, I see those clamps back at heat exchanger are rusty.

I just changed plugs couple hours ago, old ones were dry and consistent in color. Oil is clean as far as water/coolant. When I did oil the old filter had tiny flakes of metal like substance here and there, size of a pin head or smaller, tiny shavings. At first I freaked out but after some searching it sounds like having a few of those at oil changes is normal wear.

Thread Information