95 sl750 carb issue I think

Got this ski last year, did some tune up on it but not all I should have, holed a piston due to not replacing the fuel pump like I should have... Now replaced all pistons, rings gaskets, new Triple fuel pump, new fuel lines, rebuild the carbs, new plugs and all that fun stuff... Took it on the lake, starts fine but will not gain any power, I can putt around the dock but anytime I give it gas she just stutters.

I have the Low/high speed screws set to factory, Im getting good spark, good compression, fuel and oil are going thru the carbs from what I can see.. Any advice? Im sick of working on this thing just keep dumping money into it.

Just heard from the shop and they are saying my stator is going bad. Put a brand new one in last summer, hoping its still warrantied. Picking it up friday and will talk with the mechanic more to see if he thinks for sure thats the only issue. I really dont want to pull the motor again but also dont want to pay 700 for a shop to do it

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tophat595 View Post
    Just heard from the shop and they are saying my stator is going bad. Put a brand new one in last summer, hoping its still warrantied. Picking it up friday and will talk with the mechanic more to see if he thinks for sure thats the only issue. I really dont want to pull the motor again but also dont want to pay 700 for a shop to do it
    Was that new stator genuine OEM Polaris or aftermarket?

Got aftermarket, could not find an oem one last year. Shop told me they cant get them either now. I might be in luck tho since I found a full elec system off a running 95 for a good price.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tophat595 View Post
    Got aftermarket, could not find an oem one last year. Shop told me they cant get them either now. ...
    There seems to be some consistency/reliability issues with the aftermarket magneto stators being sold for Polaris watercraft. Some of the aftermarket stators seem to work OK and others report that they either do not work right out of the box or fail after a while in use.

There may be only one company actually making the aftermarket stators, which are being resold by multiple parts sellers. The aftermarket stators do not seem to have clearly identifying markings regarding the manufacturer.

I have not seen enough data to make any strong conclusions, but my current feeling is that finding a clean good condition used genuine OEM stator is preferred to buying a 'new' aftermarket magneto stator.

The www.jsp-parts.com (JuShine) web site is currently in maintenance mode. I don't know if the is means the company is gone or the web site is just broken.

Thread Information