Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Check Engine Light After Installed Mods?

2014 FZR

Just installed a SCOM, Riva Power Filter Intake, Ribbon delete, R&D Surge Protector w/ dedicated vacuum line running into brass barb threaded into the cable boss at rear of intake manifold, Tommy Jordan exhaust mod, Riva engine breather, de-pitched Solas 13/20 prop, Riva billet driveshaft sleeve kit.

Upon startup after installing all these mods at idle I'm getting a flashing check engine symbol in the dash w/red warning light & buzzer. Not sure why?? Engine seems to idle OK but I'm hesitant to rev it any higher. Possibly an engine sensor? MAP sensor? Cam position sensor?

While the engine is running I depressed the Hour/volt button for 8 seconds to enter self diagnostic mode and I'm getting a "78" code... My service manual says this is a reverse switch sensor fault?? But the service manual also states that only one code can be displayed in self diagnostic mode even if their are more codes present.

Someone point me in the right direction.
    Any help or input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Last edited by Raptor; 06-26-2015 at 11:13 PM.

+1
    you did all that in one shot?wow......did you remove the mani for ribbon delete? i'd check that all those cables are reconnected....its a place to start.good luck!

Yea all at once...more like over a couple of weekends.
    Any way I finished today and started her up with this engine warning light buzzer pissing me off!

Had to remove the intake manifold for the ribbon delete install & to drill and tap for the 1/8" NPT barb fitting for the BOV. I did have to remove the cam position sensor from it's mounting point in the head when I removed the intake. I also unclipped the MAP sensor and throttle body harnesses as well but I reconnected them all on the reinstall. Battery was the first thing I disconnected before I started. Not sure what to check next??

Maybe I need to "reset" the electronics. Not sure??
    Last edited by Raptor; 06-27-2015 at 11:01 AM.

+1
    the pros will chime in tomorrow am,hang in there.

+1
    Bypass the Riva SCOM under the instrument cluster, then retest. Let me know if you still have the same problem.

+1
    Go back through and put your meat hooks on every connector, may have missed one.

+1
    Maybe connected a wrong plug in the wrong place.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Check plug for throttle body

+1
    Reset your check engine light by pushing the start button like ten time without the lanyard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Yea all at once...more like over a couple of weekends.
    Any way I finished today and started her up with this engine warning light buzzer pissing me off!

Had to remove the intake manifold for the ribbon delete install & to drill and tap for the 1/8" NPT barb fitting for the BOV. I did have to remove the cam position sensor from it's mounting point in the head when I removed the intake. I also unclipped the MAP sensor and TPS harnesses as well but I reconnected them all on the reinstall. Battery was the first thing I disconnected before I started. Not sure what to check next??

Maybe I need to "reset" the electronics. Not sure??

Ok did that.

Still have the flashing engine icon and warning light. Didn't seem to do anything. I also removed the neg battery terminal for a couple of minutes to "reset" the electronics but no luck on that!

Thanks for your reply.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information