Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cover or No cover?

I am leaving my sparks on bunk style docks on the lake this summer. I have poppy covers, but they seem tight on the handlebars and are a pain to get them on and off, and are tearing up the grips. I look around the lake and see other PWCs with and without covers.

What do people here think about leaving them uncovered for the summer? Any thoughts?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RobNH View Post
    I am leaving my sparks on bunk style docks on the lake this summer. I have poppy covers, but they seem tight on the handlebars and are a pain to get them on and off, and are tearing up the grips. I look around the lake and see other PWCs with and without covers.

What do people here think about leaving them uncovered for the summer? Any thoughts?
    If I had my watercraft in that situation I would want them covered. I believe the plastic will oxidize if exposed to the sun full time. High quality UV inhibitors like 303 Aerospace Protectant will slow down the process, but even the best protectant will be trumped by a physical boundary such as shade or a cover.

3. +1 by:

+1
    I would go with the cove just to stop sun damage rain hail ice snow ect.

I don't have all those thing and sits under a shade sail but the plastics still fades a bit over time.

Then maybe come a little brittle I think over a long time prevention is better than curare

Banned User
    +1
    Pick up a large size universal cover from Amazon for $50 each. It's big, easy to put on, and at least gives the ski basic protection.

I have the poppy spark specific covers. They go on and off pretty easily, except over the handlebars on one of the 2 I have. I guess I will just use them for now.

Thanks for the input...

+1
    Have an upholstery shop add a little material near the handlebars it will make it easier to get it on and off. It will not compromise the cover's ability to stay on or puddlewater and will keep the ski protected should be a very cheap improvement

+1
    My cover fits real snug also. The trick to mine is to put the handle bar section on first , then the nose , then the rear. Give it a shot. If I didn't do it this way I wouldn't be able to get mine on.keep in mind this is with taller and wider after market bars. Not the same make, but it'll work.

when I take it off i remove rear first , front , then slides right off the bars.

I have mine out on our ski lift the whole summer. I highly advise a sea-doo cover. I went with the factory cover as it gets windy where I'm at(open lake). It fits the best in my opinion as I have tried others. Also like said before, if u get a cover slap some 303 on it and makes it even nicer, the cover that is and helps with moisture build up from water buildup on the cover.

+1
    I just purchased two of these covers for my 3ups. I have yet to get them to see how they work, but they look pretty solid to me. Certainly can not beat the price also.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/151739145217?
    Last edited by kennetht; 07-07-2015 at 05:32 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kennetht View Post
    I just purchased two of these covers for my 3ups. I have yet to get them to see how they work, but they look pretty solid to me. Certainly can not beat the price also.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271754776779...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Probably not well but I hope you the best please report back on how it does I'm sure for $35 we are all interested if it works

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information