Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: water in hull

water in hull

whats up guys quick question i have a 13 rxt runs great 59hrs but lately im noticing there is always some water in the hull i recently installed a bilge and the thru hull in not very high above the water line (seadoo spec) could this be water coming in the bilge outlet or would the pump work as a check valve any one else have trouble with water in the hull? any feedback is greatly appreciated

+1
    Pumps usually don't act as a check valve, the water can run right in that line if you do not route the line from the pump looped up high in the hull to prevent water from coming in. I usually loop the bilge line up as high as i can and zip tie it with the bailer lines in the back of the ski, they are routed up high for the same reason...

Do you wash it after every ride? Wash water came in through the steering on my 2010rxtx. Drove me nuts but all I did was crank the tongue wheel all the way down and shop vac out the water.

+1
    Water is coming in through your thru hull.
    As your riding hours increasing your motormounts and motor will settle more in.
    Ad on top of that a 'very' poor factory alignment and that's how it all starts.
    Check if you have any signs of carbon wear right under your seal at the bottom of the hull.
    Use the search function with keywords; engine alignment, carbon seal, driveshaft.
    Multiple threads about this subject...........and one of the down sides of the newer Seadoo's.

Hey man I have the same problem with my RXT. In my case it is water leaking in at the rear access hatches. The seals around them don't seal so well. I have not found a solution yet. After each trip out i just was out the hull and use my bilge to pump it out. The water that is left behind I pump out by hand with a pump from Harbor Freight.

+1
    These rear panels are an engineering mistake! Anyway, I get about 2 cups of water in the hull after I ride on flat water, meaning no water splashing on top. Not sure where it's coming from. I have an RXP-X 260. Had the motor realigned.
    Last edited by ProZadoX; 07-21-2015 at 04:31 PM. Reason: typo

+1
    Check the oring seal at the latch area. Many people forget that too. I also put gortex in the routed area to help minimize leakage.

+1
    All hose clamps tight?

Banned User
    +1
    A little water is normal. I usually pull out about a quart every ride, no matter how long I ride or sits in water. My bilge pump has never worked during any riding, floating time on the waters. Though the bilge pump is tested before each season.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffStalone View Post
    A little water is normal. I usually pull out about a quart every ride, no matter how long I ride or sits in water.
    Same here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information