Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    gb387's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    49

    2011 RXT-X STEERING Wear Ring....

    Anyone replaced a steering wear ring on a 2011 RXT-X? I just bought a used one and it appears the steering wear ring has some play in it and I would like to replace it. Is this a big job? Anyone know? I am comparing it to my 2012 RXP-X and it has little to no movement in the steering wear ring area.

    Thanks!


  2. #2
    ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lake Havasu, AZ
    Posts
    3,024
    +1
    849
    steering wear ring?
    ...didn't even know it existed!

    pics?

  3. #3
    gb387's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    49
    Well I don't have any pictures but it is in the parts diagram. After looking at it closely it appears there is some wear in it and play between the wear ring and the handle bars themselves. Looks like a nylon wear ring or something similar.


    Quote Originally Posted by raceneked View Post
    steering wear ring?
    ...didn't even know it existed!

    pics?

  4. #4
    Tiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Atl
    Posts
    3,600
    +1
    590
    BRP calls them wear rings, but they are more like bushings if you ask me.. It is a split circular white piece of plastic. You will need to dismantle most of the steering depending on which one you need to replace...

  5. #5
    gb387's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    49
    Sounds like a winter project... Any advice or BRP documents on the proper way to do this? or has anyone done this?


    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    BRP calls them wear rings, but they are more like bushings if you ask me.. It is a split circular white piece of plastic. You will need to dismantle most of the steering depending on which one you need to replace...

  6. #6
    Xspook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Space coast, FL (Brevard County)
    Posts
    1,238
    +1
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by gb387 View Post
    Sounds like a winter project... Any advice or BRP documents on the proper way to do this? or has anyone done this?


    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    BRP calls them wear rings, but they are more like bushings if you ask me.. It is a split circular white piece of plastic. You will need to dismantle most of the steering depending on which one you need to replace...
    Sounds like you need a shop manual...

  7. #7
    gb387's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    49
    Is that something available online? My guess is no and I am sure they are $$$. Either wan where might I find one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xspook View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gb387 View Post
    Sounds like a winter project... Any advice or BRP documents on the proper way to do this? or has anyone done this?


    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    BRP calls them wear rings, but they are more like bushings if you ask me.. It is a split circular white piece of plastic. You will need to dismantle most of the steering depending on which one you need to replace...
    Sounds like you need a shop manual...

  8. #8
    aalb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dearborn, MI
    Posts
    32
    +1
    3
    This is where I bought mine

    http://www.brpmanuals.com/seadoo.htm

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    182
    +1
    12
    Hi,

    I did mine yesterday... it's actually a 30 minute job.. Very quick and easy (you don't need to take handle bars apart, only remove cluster and cluster support to access the "wear rings")...

    My steering now nice and solid and as good as new... Did mine now on 147 hours...

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    182
    +1
    12
    In fact... now that I know how... I could possibly do it in under 10 minutes...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2011 RXT-X Steering problem
    By Edmonds in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-21-2015, 10:18 AM
  2. WTB - Parts Rxt 05 impeller + wear ring
    By oikonomoupetros in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2013, 01:32 PM
  3. FS RXP/RXT X Stainless Wear ring
    By mrbtd in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 08:21 AM
  4. 60.9 Mph on my RXT BLAHHH!! Can it be my Wear ring?
    By Sosa62 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 10:49 AM
  5. 06 RXT vs 07 RTX wear ring
    By lafjax in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 04:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •