Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

regarding my job...

I forgot to mention that i am running a small garage and i read and write ecu's all day long , so i have a little experience with the process.
    This ecu from polaris PWC is the first one to give me a checksum error.

+1
    Keep trying, fingers crossed!

+1

"guy in canada" do you still have his contact info

about the "guy in canada" do you still have his contact info.

he reflashed my ski and I need to get some help but lost his number in a move... A Dumb Move !!!

+1
    His name is Martin and this is the link. I would contact him about the comunication issues you are having with the ecu. He most likely won't have time to help but you never know.

http://www.precisionsports.ca/en/index.php
    Last edited by hill160881; 01-13-2016 at 04:17 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by krammer226 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HiPeRcO View Post
    @Tony2k: I would guess he might share the file when/if he can retrieve it successfully

@krammer226: Have you tried NefMoto S/W? http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/...shing_Software

Ok , this software is only for getting acces to the ecu thru the OBD port . we have a problem already since we don't have a obd port on polaris pwc. Second problem is that this software is only for reading the files and write them back on the ecu . no way to open or modify anything on the flash file .

Regarding the protocol that mr Desperado has developed , this is the protocol that i was saying that my ktag unit is recognizing automatically which protocol do i need for the connected ecu.

The name for the protocol that i am using to connect to ecu is P57 POLARIS MPE750 150 HP BOSCH ME7.4.4 (Among many others protocols used for different tipes of ecu i have also a P56 wich is used for polaris FS,FST BOSCH M7.4.4)

So , guess there is no way to be wrong except that the files for the pwc to be different than the files used on snowmobile.

I forgot to mention that ktag does not have a PWC section . The protocols that i found them for polaris me7.4.4 are under Bikes section .

So , the engine used on snowmobile and pwc is the same -MPE750-
    The ecu used on both applications is BOSCH MPE750
    The only thing that may be different is the flash content but i cant know it for sure unless i will have the chance to read one ecu from a snowmobile and since i live on a small island in the mediterranean sea (350 sunny days per year) there is no chance to find anyone riding a polaris snowmobile here .
    There is evidence that the interface could work with obd connection. (If you could get a full read of the flash it could be analyzed/modified offline)
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=147743

+1
    Have you made any progress? I am curious if you are able to WRITE the contents of the 95160 eeprom? If so, this might be a path to fixing ECU's that are "stuck on stupid". I theorize that the learned/cached sensor data is stored in the eeprom (vs the flash memory).

Quote Originally Posted by HiPeRcO View Post
    Have you made any progress? I am curious if you are able to WRITE the contents of the 95160 eeprom? If so, this might be a path to fixing ECU's that are "stuck on stupid". I theorize that the learned/cached sensor data is stored in the eeprom (vs the flash memory).

Nothing for the moment . The content for the 9510 is accessible to read and write but it is not our target. This eeprom (95160) is used for error recordings and adaptation of the maps value (probably). Our target is the flash files which are written in AM29F400BB . This is the flash chip which give me a hard time on reading the whole data on it.

I just bought a used msx 150 ecu . I will try to read it and compare the files with the MSX 110 ecu.
    Also i am working on a interface to use it for diagnostic purposes . I will keep you updated with any new results that i will have .

+1
    Actually you are agreeing with me, I am interested in reprogramming the 95160. It is common for ecu's to get stuck with bad learned data, especially map sensor data, which results in rpm issues even when the faulty sensors are replaced. I may have to buy one of these reprogrammers

If this is your problem then you have two options . First option is to buy this ktag unit but you need to open the ecu , solder one wire on a small pad and conect 4 wires on the ecu plugs . You will be able to read that eprom and write clean data without any problems .
    The second option is to buy a cheap Carprog

(http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-...60895.html?s=p)

Price is 50-60 usd , you can connect a soic adapter straight on the eeprom and then you can read it and write it.

Also you will need a clean data backup from a clean ecu . If you will read the data from the eeprom and then just write it back on the ecu you will not achieve anything. The data will be exactly as it was before .

From my experience with the cars ecu , when i do a reflash on the maps file (not eeprom) All the errors are disappearing and i have a fresh start on the ecu files . I believe that adaptation data is written on flash chip and eeprom chip as well. I am not sure about this 100%.

Since you have a way to do diagnostic on your pwc , you can't just delete the errors ???

+1
    It has been reported that the ecu stores some bad learned data that can't be unlearned. DW cannot reset the eeprom contents

I can read an 8 pin flash with a system that I have (TIAO Tumpa + soic adapter). But I haven't had any luck reading the eeprom while its still mounted in other systems. Can the ecu be held in reset, such that the control lines to the eeprom are not in contention with the flash reading process?

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information