Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    +1

Finally got this MATRIX

Well I am the proud new owner of a 2004 Polaris Matrix. My friends think I am crazy as I have too many skis.

I have been after this ski since last summer and I was finally able to get it this past weekend in Kansas. Long drive but I hope it will be worth it.

A little back ground on the ski. It is a one owner ski, the guy bought it I believe in 05, at Seebold Sports Missouri. A lot of paperwork and receipts were given to me with the ski, including the Matrix conversion. The ski is in awesome condition. But I plan on detailing it extensively this weekend as I'm pretty OCD with keeping my toys clean. My understanding from the gentleman is that it has only around 5-10 hours on the new top end. I reached out to seebold sports to confirm this and it sounds like no expenses were spared on this machine. If it needed something Tom told them to do it. The technician at Seebold Sports was personally trained by Mark Baxter from the original build. So the technician was the only one to do any wrenching on this machine over the course of its life. Have never seen a Matrix in person, but the conversion looks clean.

From what I know right now is that it runs on the trailer. Owner said it runs fine and nothing is wrong what so ever. I am sure he isn't lying... but I want to take my time with it and make sure it is safe. Just want to go through the Polaris checklist fist. It needs a new battery, should be here Thursday. I want to go through the carbs but I want to be careful as to not mess up the settings. The technician I talked to personally at seebold said that it was dialed in perfect last rebuild and the last time he took it out. So not sure if I want to take it out on the lake yet or rebuild/clean them first. Done a lot of reading up on these matrix's but any other advice would be great. Think the only thing I want to do to this one eventually is get a different seat. Too much silver in my opinion. Oh and possibly lose the mirrors too. The owner had the dealer install the red rub rail inserts and the chrome windshield.

Want to thank Tom as he was a pleasure to deal with and helped me out with my trailer to make sure it was road worthy for another 500 miles home. Left at 4am Saturday morning and got back Saturday night at 11:00. Another road trip for a Polaris jet ski.

Here are a pictures from the weekend and pics I got a year ago from Seebold. Have not got her cleaned up yet to my standards though.

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	496.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	152.9 KB 
ID:	363147 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	502.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	363148 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	497.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	154.4 KB 
ID:	363149

+1

Name:	498.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	130.5 KB 
ID:	363150Click image for larger version. 

Name:	500.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	363151

+1

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	363153Click image for larger version. 

Views:	96 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	363152
    Myself and the matrix. Hotter than hell that day in Kansas,95 degrees. And my less than ideal trailer for the trip made it. Replaced bearings and races, got the lights to work, and new bunks and carpet right before my buddy and I left. Thank gosh we replaced the bearings.

+1

Views:	80 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	363156
    Home safely

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    My suggestions;

Put in a Deka ETX16 AGM battery. Best battery you can install for these machines, especially since getting at the battery involves working around the pipes.

On my own machines I also install a battery charging 'pigtail' connector so I can easily charge the battery and can connect a voltmeter if I want to monitor the battery voltage.

Do some water testing with the stock sponsons but also plan to get a set of GP replica sponsons from BryanP.

If there is no bilge pump installed you may want to add one. If you need it some day, you will appreciate having it! I have posted how to adapt the wiring to support a bilge pump with Polaris standard functioning. You can even have the Mode button on the handlebar be dual purpose for manual bilge pump operation.

Find out when the through-hull bearing carrier was last rebuilt. If it was a long time ago or never, consider doing so now. If the bearing seizes it can easily damage the driveshaft beyond repair. A catastrophic failure of the MSX through-hull can completely flood the hull in mere minutes.

It is impossible to really test or check the MSX through-hull ball bearing without extracting it from the hull, at which point rebuilding it just makes sense anyways.

Bryan really likes the CANDooPro GPS module for the MSX. Perfect GPS speed accuracy with the stock dash NGI display. Basically plug it in, calibrate once, and mount it inside the hull somewhere.

Intake grate to suit your water conditions.

Manual trim for the jet pump. Pieced together from Yamaha and Polaris parts, talk to BryanP about his installation.

+1
    Awesome

+1
    AWESOME. Congrats!!!

+1
    Also was pretty stoked about it having 150psi in all 3 cylinders on a cold engine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    My suggestions;

Put in a Deka ETX16 AGM battery. Best battery you can install for these machines, especially since getting at the battery involves working around the pipes.

On my own machines I also install a battery charging 'pigtail' connector so I can easily charge the battery and can connect a voltmeter if I want to monitor the battery voltage.

Do some water testing with the stock sponsons but also plan to get a set of GP replica sponsons from BryanP.

If there is no bilge pump installed you may want to add one. If you need it some day, you will appreciate having it! I have posted how to adapt the wiring to support a bilge pump with Polaris standard functioning. You can even have the Mode button on the handlebar be dual purpose for manual bilge pump operation.

Find out when the through-hull bearing carrier was last rebuilt. If it was a long time ago or never, consider doing so now. If the bearing seizes it can easily damage the driveshaft beyond repair. A catastrophic failure of the MSX through-hull can completely flood the hull in mere minutes.

It is impossible to really test or check the MSX through-hull ball bearing without extracting it from the hull, at which point rebuilding it just makes sense anyways.

Bryan really likes the CANDooPro GPS module for the MSX. Perfect GPS speed accuracy with the stock dash NGI display. Basically plug it in, calibrate once, and mount it inside the hull somewhere.

Intake grate to suit your water conditions.

Manual trim for the jet pump. Pieced together from Yamaha and Polaris parts, talk to BryanP about his installation.
    I was actually waiting for the Odyssey Pc625 to come in at Battery's plus. They had Dekas I believe in stock. I run the odyssey in my pro 785 and 1200. Never an issue. I will have to do some comparing on the two I guess. And yes would be interested in possibly having a manual trim. Havent rode it yet. But to me, just seems nice to have one.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information