Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2012 ultra 300lx listing to the left

hello to everyone,

I am new to the forum and a new owner of a new 2012 ultra 300 lx. I have taken it out a few times now and notice that it wants to tip and roll to the left while under power and just lists to the left while sitting in the water. Now i ride a ultra 150 and we traded in our 97 yamaha wave venture 3 seater for the ultra 300. The 300 is for my wife and kids to use and for me when 150 horses just dont cut it. I came to these forums to find some help and answers to what is going on. I have read some of the old posts and I agree with both sides of the arguments. what I dont understand is why we have to talk to people looking for help like they are idiots. So now to the topic at hand. my first thought is yes there is a weight bias to he left side due to the supercharger but that is no excuse. My buddy has a yamaha fx cruiser sho and it does lean or roll at any speed and it is supercharged as well. For my self it is not such a big deal but my family should not be dumped off the side leaving the dock. I had my self my 6 year old and her friend weighing about 325lbs on the ski and just making a turn off the dock the ski almost rolled to the left and yes the cure is to grab the throttle but a big ski like this should not be in that situation. In order for me to correct the lean at idle is to place all my weight on the right side of the ski, and even doing that the ski does not lean or want to roll to the right it just evens the ski out. while not riding the ski i can yes just myself get on the left side and roll it over but have tried my hardest to do the same to the right side and can not do it. Now before you tell me i don't know how to ride, i will say that i can take my self and my older daughters on my ultra 150 a much smaller ski and more weight and never have this roll over problem at any speed, is much more stable leaving the dock or marina, and neither side of the ski just submerge when making a turn. I can ride my buddies waveblaster and not get this shocking roll over feeling while yes it tips over much easier it is a very small ski. The performance from the ski is amazing and I am a kawasaki fan threw and threw we ride dirt bikes and yes they are kawis, so i found a smoking deal on a brand new 2012 model just a week and with out hesitation bought thinking it could fill two rolls my wife and families ski for riding and towing a tube or wake board, while also filling my need for speed. So far it is only a ski for me and unfortunately unless there is some helpful information out there that can help fix the problem i am going to have to get rid of it. I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow to see if they can come up with anything. Thanks for your help

Banned User
    +1
    Theres literally nothing other then what you already do, little more throttle, to fix the "issue"..... throw a bag of lead in the rear right side? They put 2 water boxs back on the 310's so they wouldnt have to worry about people complaining.

Its really not a problem. Just an uneasy feeling you get when you're not used to it. I do all the things you explain, race the s##t out of it, go 3 up with me the lady and my 6yr old, pull the tube around, hell my lady even takes the ski out with her girlfriends from time to time and the ski doesnt even have reverse. To be honest if you dont like that feeling, You'll probably have to sell it

yes very true. I am coming to the conclusion that it is a normal thing. Just seems very odd to me for a big ski and considering the competition skis don't have the same actions. And as I said for me the ski is bad as h e double hockey sticks. But we upgraded our old 3 seater for family and i had to get a supercharged one of course I mean who doesn't want 300 horsepower. I was just hoping there was something wrong so i could fix it and keep it. Thanks for all help and information

Banned User
    +1
    Competition ones do too! Once you're under way and that water box isnt full of water you wont notice it at all. Yamis break chains, seadoos blow nozzles off, we lean left.... they all have their "thing"

if this is the norm and i do have to get a different one are the 310 any better? I have read that kawi has moved some things to displace the weight better. Also I know the obvious answer that the ultra lx and the stx 15f are not going to be as fast and fun but do they have this same tendency to list and roll or are they more stable at low speeds.

+1
    You will forget about it after a few rides trust me. I will take the slight lean while idling vs being bucked off at high speeds on a Yamaha..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by j21 View Post
    if this is the norm and i do have to get a different one are the 310 any better? I have read that kawi has moved some things to displace the weight better. Also I know the obvious answer that the ultra lx and the stx 15f are not going to be as fast and fun but do they have this same tendency to list and roll or are they more stable at low speeds.
    No, The 15F doesn't have the "lean" feeling, but it dorsn't have the incredible acceleration of the 300/310 either. I think the best thing you can do, though, is just get used to the 300. It really isn't going to hurt much, just make you feel uneasy during right turns at idle speed. Once you learn to correct for it, it won't be an issue.

310 does it too once in awhile but if it bothers you too much sell it and buy a paddle boat

+1
    the trim motor and exhaust have been re routed to offset the lean on the 310's. My 300x does it and I don't notice it one bit . This ski will take corners faster and handle rough water better than anything out there. The lean is no big deal when you factor how well it performs.

10. +1 by:

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1

If you get scared you can always stand up on the seat so you are farther away from the water.

Or you can stand on the left side gunwale and TRY and tip it over. That way you just get it over with, fall off, then sell the ski.
    (Neither happened)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information