Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motec Tuning

Motec Tuning

Eventually got around to tuning the Motec.

I started with the svho file (I have a SHO ski) but after talking to Nils there is slight differences in the two engines, so I went back to the starter SHO file. Changed the injectors to match the ID1000 (I just copied the data from the SHVO file as that used ID1000's). Also set up the 3 bar map sensor. 300 KPA correct? The overall fuel trim is set to 6% and Im running 58PSI of fuel pressure.

Engine started and ran a little lumpy, any kind of revs would kill the engine. (Theres no prop or shaft so theres no loading on the engine, water is on when engine is running) How does that effect the seals in the shaft coupling ?

Anyway, the Lambda was reading about 1.2. (I set that up with factory values rather then free air) I then started to modify the efficiency tables. They were way off but thats not surprising as Im not quite standard anymore. So i was altering the tables and giving her a few revs just to get some half decent values in the tables. Was all running well, lambda was more or less spot on with the AIM table. It was idling at around 1000 - 1200 RPM, little lumpy but I thought once in the water and the prop was spinning it might sort that out. Wheres the value for idle RPMS in M1 tune and how can you tune the idle a little better ?

Then all of a sudden all of the Lambda values shoot off the range, 148 plus in LTC manager, 10 in M1. It would drop down to about 5. Couldn't auto tune the Efficiency table as it said lambda fault. What could of happened to it ?
    The engine wont idle now, i can hold a few revs and its ok, apart from that it will stall. I haven't messed around with any ignition tables yet.

So, some questions. If we set up a Lambda AIM table why do we need to adjust the efficiency. Doesn't the ECU 'auto tune' all the time for the target AIM ?

I have a logging level 2 file. What do I do with it ? How do I log?

What could have happened to the Lambda? Im using the riva o2 sensor adaptor. I guess I will have to pull it out tomorrow and clean it, re calibrate in free air ?

Im idling at about 30kpa, that seem around right ? The Tial BOV is open at idle and when applying a few revs, That means in theory its sucking in un filtered air, correct ?

With the crank driven SC wether the engine is in water or out it should generate the same boost pressure, correct ?

Just for reference, M1 Tune will work over wifi (ECU plugged into wifi router and PC on same network) but LTC manager wont. Has to be directly plugged in.
    Last edited by sparkyme; 06-22-2015 at 09:30 PM.

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    Can you email me a data log file. nils888@earthlink.net

+1
    If you got the O2 sensor wet. This would cause it to quit working

Quote Originally Posted by Nils888 View Post
    How do I make a log file ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nils888 View Post
    How do I make a log file ?
    When you are connected to the ECU. Press CTRL F8. This will start the down load process. Just follow the steps from there.
    When it is done it will ask you to open it in I2 pro. Don't do this. You will have to open it in I2 Standard. You can go to www.motec.com and do a search for webinars.
    there are a lot explaining how to do all this stuff. If you run into problems. give me a call.

Nils, I'm using a 3bar map sensor. Just realized that I still have 5v set to 2.2 bar. Its the R&D 3 bar map sensor, do you have any calibration tables for that is are they all more or less set linear down to zero ?

+1
    Nils, I'm using a 3bar map sensor. Just realized that I still have 5v set to 2.2 bar. Its the R&D 3 bar map sensor, do you have any calibration tables for that is are they all more or less set linear down to zero ?
    Here is the calibration for the delco 3 bar map sensor
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 Bar MAP sensor cal.png 
Views:	100 
Size:	213.2 KB 
ID:	363123  

Thanks Nils, Really appreciate your fast help on this.

I posted the questions up here as they help me and hopefully any other motec users will be able to find this later on.

Next question I received the level 2 logging file from Jerry as I bought it through his store. What do I do with this file ?

+1
    Thanks Nils, Really appreciate your fast help on this.

I posted the questions up here as they help me and hopefully any other motec users will be able to find this later on.

Next question I received the level 2 logging file from Jerry as I bought it through his store. What do I do with this file ?
    Install it on the computer that you connect to the ski. Next time you connect to the ECU it will ask to install a new license. Select yes. your done!

Latest today, Done a log then opened it up in I2 standard and i was blank, maybe I didn't let the engine run long enough before doing a Log ? Ill have a play around with that later.

Now its the Lambda. It was still reading around the 3 + mark, it was running rich to be fair but that much ? Anyway, pulled the lambda to make sure it was clean and done a free air calibration, step 5 of 6 it throws up an error saying its way out of its limits. The sensor now says it needs a firmware update, when I try to update the firmware it throws up and time out error.

I don't think it got wet, it would need a lot of water to get the far upto the lambda, possibly faulty sensor ?. Everything was working perfect yesterday, Idle was steady everything then all of a sudden it just shoots off scale.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information