Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please help me negotiate one of these leftovers -- newbie!

So it looks like I need a new outboard on my two-stroke so I know I'm going Yamaha. So what better time to try to negotiate a deal on a PWC at the same dealer. Never owned before, lake is in Maine and pretty fingery with some long lengths to open it up. There are weeds in small coves. We are not looking for anything crazy and have kids ages 11,13,14. So a leftover is just fine and a dealer nearby has the following on their site with list prices.

2014 VXR $11,699
    2014 FZS $12,499
    2014 FXHO $12,899

Can anyone give this gal some assistance on negotiating what a good OTD price on one of these? Which model, based on my descriptions, might best suit us?

+1
    There is no such thing as a flat rate negotiation that a forum can supply you with. How much your dealer negotiates is totally dependent upon how their supply and demand. You will always get a better buy in the OFF season. With the 3 rugrats, I would be considering the FXHO, but that's my personal opinion. Very dependable, stable ski and low maintenance due to no supercharger. Any of the 3 are great skis though.

3. +1 by:

I'm just trying to get a feel what an OTD price off list should be (in the vicinity) based on them being leftovers from others who might have recently been in the same situation.

Hold my beer and watch this... JohnnyMac's Avatar
    +1
    My local dealer here in Alaska offered me the 2015 FXHO for $12499 + registration out the door. I went with the FX SVHO instead but that being said..... MSRP on the '15 FXHO is $13,099 so unless that '14 price includes a trailer or some goodies, were it me, I'd pony up the extra $200 for the '15 with the RiDE system. I'm very happy with the FX hull and I really like the RiDE. It'll haul plenty of youngin's. Good Luck!

Thanks JohnnyMac! Just reading other threads and seeing that someone got an FZR (different model of course) for $12.2k OTD with list of $14,499. So if I assume about a 5% tax rate and other dealer fees, it seems like the actual unit price "might" be in the vicinity of $11,200-$11,500. About $3,300 off list. I'm pretty good at figuring out how to work with car dealers but this is new territory for me!

7. +1 by:

+1
    Do you have a typo in your list? I wouldnt expect that the FXHO would be more than the FZS. Maybe you meant FX SVHO? Having both a FZR and now an FX and if you plan to ride with folks on the ski, I would strongly suggest the FX SVHO if you like the extra power or the FX SHO or FX HO if you are not looking for extra power and less maintenance. The FX platform has been great and my wife and 2 kids have loved our FX SVHO so far. If I were to get a second ski for my wife, it would be the FX HO, since she doesnt care for the added power.

As for price, the going rate in FL on a good deal for a 2014 FX SVHO has been between $13,000 - $13,500 OTD. The FX HO or FX SHO should be a good bit less.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Do you have a typo in your list? I wouldnt expect that the FXHO would be more than the FZS. Maybe you meant FX SVHO? Having both a FZR and now an FX and if you plan to ride with folks on the ski, I would strongly suggest the FX SVHO if you like the extra power or the FX SHO or FX HO if you are not looking for extra power and less maintenance. The FX platform has been great and my wife and 2 kids have loved our FX SVHO so far. If I were to get a second ski for my wife, it would be the FX HO, since she doesnt care for the added power.

As for price, the going rate in FL on a good deal for a 2014 FX SVHO has been between $13,000 - $13,500 OTD. The FX HO or FX SHO should be a good bit less.
    Yes, thank you for that. I just went back and looked and the FZS is used so that's definitely off the list. I tried to find a dealer close by that likely does both the outboard motors and PWC and I'm finding it seems they do one or the other -- bread and butter is either boats/motors or PWC and other toys.

+1
    Don't forget about the warranty too. Most of those prices are probably with the standard 1 year warranty. To add the 5 year, the dealer will add back like $500-$650 on the price (well worth it for 5 years of coverage). Lowest I could get was $11,999 OTD on a 14 FZR with the 1 year warranty (included single trailer at no charge). But I chose to add back in like $600 for the 5 year warranty and that brought it up to $12,600ish OTD. To me, OTD is just what it costs to get it from the dealer and doesn't include any taxes/registration fees that will be paid to your local state/county.

If I can pull the trigger quick enough the promo ends on 6/30 that includes it.

+1
    OK, the prices you posted do include the 5 year then. For people who don't want it, they will knock off another $500-600. I tried like heck to get them to through it in for free but they acted like they were maxed out...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information