Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How hard is installing the Kanaflex intake on a RXP-X 260? can it be done dock side??

how difficult is it to install the 4" Kanaflex "do it yourself" air intake kit offered on this site? can it be done dock side or should I pull the ski out and put it in the garage. any install videos, instructions or lessons learned? it seems all my "5 minute" projects turn into cluster F's so I'm trying to cover all my bases down.

by dock side I mean in knee deep water with little to no chop or boat waves. quiet river side setting with little traffic.

+1
    its a bit of a pain in the ass, i wouldnt want to do it dockside, taking the airbox out is the hard part, i didn't screw with those stupid tabs, i removed the fuel pump and slid the whole box out of the front.

3. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by Branden View Post
    its a bit of a pain in the ass, i wouldnt want to do it dockside, taking the airbox out is the hard part, i didn't screw with those stupid tabs, i removed the fuel pump and slid the whole box out of the front.
    Same as above. nevemind fishing the 4" under the intake with the ski in the water would do nothing but piss you off.

how long of a job is it? and is it even worth the trouble? I'm running RXP-X 260 with vetch 8375 tune and ride plate holes filled all else is stock. looking to gain another mph or 2 and heard 4" intake was next step.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirch View Post
    how long of a job is it? and is it even worth the trouble? I'm running RXP-X 260 with vetch 8375 tune and ride plate holes filled all else is stock. looking to gain another mph or 2 and heard 4" intake was next step.
    i would not want to do it dock side, but it's definitely worth the trouble. That stock air box is very restrictive. You are going to notice a big improvement when you upgrade to the Kanaflex air intake.

+1
    And the sound is pleasing too

8. +1 by:

+1
    I would put ski on trailer/land. Working on these new skis is a real PITA even in perfect working conditions

While you have the fuel pump out (to remove oem airbox), I would put in a Walbro 255 pump. While you now have a bigger pump, I would install bigger injectors and regulator. Since you did the injectors, it would be a shame not to run a 8900rpm tune. Do the flywheel bolts because of the increased RPM, its only 1 extra step. Now that you have increased the RPM point, swap cam and really let it breathe. Would be a real shame if you didn't swap props at this point...its only 1 extra thing anyways. Now that you realize horsepower is fun, throw an ET drop in wheel in the ski. After this stop...unless you want more then go turbo.

This is how you install a turbo:

10. +1 by:

how long should this job take?

+1
    it really depends on your mechanical abilities to be honest, it could take you a couple hours if you have never done one. I would budget for 3 hours your first time. i could probably do it in 45 minutes to an hour now that ive done it a few times.

+1
    Exactly between 15 minutes to 180 minutes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information