Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2014 RXP-X 100 hour review

Today my PX hit the 100 hour mark. I bought this ski brand new March 8th of 2014.
    I was a bit worried about buying a Supercharged Doo because of past S/C issues, and the added maintenance associated with them. When it came time to get a new ski the PX was the only one that had the power, and the hull I needed for chop combined with great looks all in one package so I took the chance, and bought it.

My PX has not had a single issue. NO S/C problems. No IBR problems. Still hits maximum RPM so I'm guessing the slip on the S/C is still within spec. My original plan was to take it in at the 100 hour mark, and get the S/C rebuilt, but it's doing so well that I may just ride it the rest of the season, and drop it off this winter. I estimate it will have around 130-140 hours by then.

Overall Great power, and handling. Good performance in the chop. It's not a great jumper. It can jump, but it takes more effort to get significant air, but it's worth the trade off for the performance in chop. I still have the Honda for jumping days anyway.

I am one very satisfied RXP-X owner. It does almost everything well.

+1
    time to mod it!
    when you rebuild the SC that is the time to wake it up with a bigger wheel

Would I need to reflash or can I get a bigger wheel, and leave everything else as is? I know my top speed will still be limited, but the bigger wheel will allow for faster acceleration right?

Did I hear you say time for Vtech??

It sounds like the ski is completely stock (so max RPMs are 8040 or so). Assuming the oil and filter has been changed each year, I think you would be fine till the end of the year. As you probably know, Seadoo now says 200 hours before an SC rebuild but most of us agree that 100 hours or shortly after is still safer since Seadoo didn't change anything on the SC from the time when they stated to rebuild at 100 hours.

There's no way to know for sure but if it were mine, I would finish the year out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by abmobil View Post
    I know my top speed will still be limited, but the bigger wheel will allow for faster acceleration right?
    Yes, without a flash all a bigger wheel will do is allow you to get to the limiter faster

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerdoo View Post
    It sounds like the ski is completely stock (so max RPMs are 8040 or so). Assuming the oil and filter has been changed each year, I think you would be fine till the end of the year. As you probably know, Seadoo now says 200 hours before an SC rebuild but most of us agree that 100 hours or shortly after is still safer since Seadoo didn't change anything on the SC from the time when they stated to rebuild at 100 hours.

There's no way to know for sure but if it were mine, I would finish the year out.
    Yes it's completely stock. Oil has been changed 3 times in the 100 hour period. I also run Amsoil. I do have 3 years left on the warranty as well. I definitely won't take it all the way to 200 hours.

+1
    Rebuild the charger. You're playing w fire. ESPECIALLY because you've never reset your slip

Your clutches have to be worn badly. Just my .02

Congrats, I am on 162hrs. NO PROBLEMS SO FAR! Still on stock supercharger (no rebuilt yet). I will get it done when i reach 190hrs.

As you're still stock, have warranty and all feels good, I'd definately ride it out. Going forwards I'd start with a mild vtech tune, say 8375, so you can leave your internals untouched, but remove limiters etc. It's never good to bounce off limiter, for the engine.

Leave it like this and you'll still have 'woken' the ski up. Later you can add mods progressively to improve performance in the right areas and choose your power vs reliabillity vs maintainence route.

Right now, you're pretty safe running SC until at least end of season. (And I'm a risk adverse guy!!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information