Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

Oil pressure switch.

Had my 2004 RXP out today for it's first run of the year. Found that my oil pressure switch is still giving bad readings. I replaced both front and rear switches, and changed the oil and hoped it would fix the problem of putting it into limp mode, but it didn't.
    Wondering if there is a way to bypass or jump out the switch to tell the ECU that the oil pressure is fine.
    I would just put a gauge on the oil circuit and monitor the oil myself.
    The engine is a new '08 but the harness is original.
    I'm also having an issue with my fuel sensor but I haven't checked into that yet. It's flash and giving a low fuel display.
    Has anyone here bypassed the oil pressure switch before ?

+1
    IMO i wouldnt bypass it. its there for a reason. limp mode to stop damage to the engine. download the (i think) 2004 technical update book on line. Go to page 40 and it will show you how to diagnose it. My thoughts are the alarm and limp mode are telling you that there is a problem. throw a gauge in and check it. 26-32 psi above 3250 rpm. anything under the alarm will sound and limp mode. PULL your oil filter out and look for metal too... yeah its a new motor but hey shit happens...

+1
    I pulled the filter and changed the oil. The old filter was clear of any debris. I am just to the point that I will just mount a gauge on the ski and monitor the oil pressure myself if I could just bypass the switch. It appears that Seadoo has a major issue with this oil pressure fault and are unable to resolve it.

+1
    I have the old oil switches which are the same updated part number. I guess I'll bench test them to determine open or closed and at what pressures give what ohm values.
    I hate to have to bypass them but this issue is getting old fast.

Is there an aftermarket rear oil switch available on the market?

Reason I ask is when I bought my ski the owner notified me of the oil light coming up on the display and then showed me a receipt to show he actually just had it replaced and it didn't fix the problem!

So when I was doing some work I decided to replace it again myself with a one off jerry as I knew it would be OEM, and after I replaced it it was perfect!

I don't know why the last new sensor didn't fix the problem but I just started to think it might of been a cheap copy sensor if there is any on the market!?

+1
    FYI
    The front switch (p/n: 256886) is normally closed, putting ref. signal to ground.
    At 7.0 psi, the switch opens, removing ref. signal from ground.

The rear switch (p/n: 856538 is normally open, keeping signal from ground.
    At 30 psi, the switch is closed, putting ref. signal to ground.
    Last edited by Kenway; 06-22-2015 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Typing error

+1
    I like to measure resistance across sensors before replacing them. Check for corrosion on the battery terminals and in the cables themselves.

+1
    These oil pressure switches are just that, Switches. They are on or off. If they were a variable resister, their resistance value would change with pressure. They don't. I increased pressure to their switching point and beyond. They only switch on or off.
    Now it's time for waterproof gauges so I can see what my engine is really doing.

You are probably using the wrong switch, there's 2 different one's one open and one closed when there's enough oil pressure.
    02-05 ecu's black
    06 and up light gray

+1
    there are 2 different color switches grey and black. one is normally open, the other is normally closed. you need the one for the 04 rxp not the one for the 08

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information