Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

2009 FZR Mods Question

Hey all,

So i have a 2009 Yamaha FZR with 44Hrs on it purchased it last year. Since buying i have reinforced the tunnel, R&D Grate, Custom Exhaust, Ribbon Delete. I am looking into installing a BOV this season but in Chicago here seems like the season never wants to start. I keep reading posts about the R&D Block vs Drill/Tap the Manifold, what would be the best way to go? I do plan on adding a boost gauge on console as well. Additionally I will be adding a new air intake as well. One other concern I have is the clutch that all talk about. I cannot seem to find a thread that pin points a certain range of the 09 FZRs that may have this issue or not. Also what is the best way to prevent it from getting messed up? I would like to thank you all in advance for your inputs.

+1
    The best way to go is pull the Manifold and Drill and Tap

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    The best way to go is pull the Manifold and Drill and Tap
    Shrabber, thanks, so my understanding is that you drill and tap on both ends of the manifold, and does it matter which side gets connected to BOV and which to Gauge?

+1
    Not really vacuum is Vacuum. I just tapped mine closer to #1, closer to BOV For me

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    Not really vacuum is Vacuum. I just tapped mine closer to #1, closer to BOV For me
    Alright I guess I should have figured that much, its on the same manifold so both ends would read the same just depends what you hook up where.

+1
    ANyone have any input on preventing your Clutch from failing??

+1
    My clutch on my 09 just went at 70 hours, people's clutches go at different hours it depends on ride style, water you ride on etc, if it's not broke don't fix it but if you are going to change it put in a 2013. There is a link on the one I just put up with the title please help, good info on that

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Timdog View Post
    My clutch on my 09 just went at 70 hours, people's clutches go at different hours it depends on ride style, water you ride on etc, if it's not broke don't fix it but if you are going to change it put in a 2013. There is a link on the one I just put up with the title please help, good info on that
    Timdog, thanks for quick reply. My understanding is that the clutch goes because of the surge and letting the throttle go quick and that back pressure on the clutch. That is why i want to install the BOV to get rid of the surge hopefully and make the clutch last longer. I ride in Lake Michigan and it gets choppy 3-5foot swells on extreme days but usually 2-3, so alot of on the throttle off the throttle.

+1
    From my understanding bov or no bov if it's going to go it will, I'd just buy one anyway so when it does go you have it to go straight on, you could always get the riva clutch dampener that will also help but if they are going to go they will go

+1
    You can tap the manifold or throw a T on the vac line that goes to the map sensor (essentially the multi-pressure port adapter that R&D sells). Regarding the clutch on the 2009 skis, using a BOV will certainly be beneficial along with common sense riding. For example, if you come unhooked, let off the throttle. I have a 09 FZR with 160 hours or so on it with no issues. IMO just ride an enjoy the ski, don't worry about what could go wrong.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information