Do i have a bad starter in my brand new ski?

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with my ski, i'm going to take it into service but i wanted to ask on here also incase it was an easy fix. I have a 2014 FX SVHO, it only has 5.7 hours on it, I just had the 10 hours serviced on it last month, i brought it back, it started. I was going to take the ski out today but it wouldn't start, I click the start button and the gauge comes on, the little buzzing sound like normal, but it does not attempt to crank the ski. When i had my 10 hour service done, they told me that my batter failed the load test, so i went out to batteries plus and got a brand new battery, put it in, same thing. So i thought maybe the battery wasn't charged enough, put it on the charger for 3 hours at 2amp, put it back on the ski. Same thing, the gauge comes on, little buzzing sound comes on, but does not attempt to crank the ski. I have not touched anything on the ski since the 10 hour service.

I noticed it had some weird issue last season too, when i was trying to launch the ski, the ranger asked me to start the ski while it was on the trailer, so I did, after about 5 seconds the ski turned itself off. I didn't think too much about it but now it seems like the ski has more and more issues, the reason i bought this ski was because i though yamaha made a quality product, but i keep running into issues even when my ski is 6 hours old.

Can somone give me some insight please? its a 2014 FX Cruise SVHO

thanks

+1
    Re check battery connections between battery and battery cables first that they are tight also be sure the red cable is on the + post I have seen people get them reversed on the battery. Tommy Jordan

I did, i unplugged the battery from the cable 3x and made sure it was in correctly, red to the + black to the -, also on the 14 FX, the black cable it also shorter, i think they did this so people dont confuse the cable, i also made sure i tightened it real good.

if the connection was not good, would the gauge still come on and activate all the pumps? because thats what it sounds like its doing

so either i'm an idiot or a miracle happened, I took my key fob and locked the ski thinking i was going to test the battery, then i hit the unlock key and it beeped twice, then it started! so either somone locked it and i didn't know or i'm just a dumbass. I tried this 2x and it worked twice, hopefully this fixes the problem

+1
    was the original battery out of warranty? You had the 10 hour service done with only 5.7 hours on it? I hope you figured out the problem. let us know.

Thread Information