Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

riding around austin

was thinking about comng down thursday and riding fri and sat.is lake austin open to pwc's sat the 4th of july,one year it wasn't.might ride marble falls,lbj,inks.is inks even worth it?

+1
    Lake Travis is good to go. I was there last week it was good riding for PWC`s. Lake LBJ is good too. Both Lakes are worth your time. But Lake Austin has a city ordinance No PWC`s for July 4th and Labor Day holiday.

+1
    From what I've seen of Travis during major holidays you may want to avoid it. I saw a video on YouTube of the lake that looked insanely packed on one of the big holidays. I personally hate crowded lake days but that may just be me.

LBJ is pretty nice, I road there twice. I've got a friend that lives up the river portion of it and another who lives right on the main lake. I almost enjoyed riding the river section the most, its wide and doesnt flow (noticeably at least). Its a lot of run to go through there at high speeds. You may not be able to pull that off on the weekend though. The only negative thing I remember about it is the shallow spots. I bought an app with depth charts and there are spots that are pretty shallow, some are marked by bouys.

The weather sucks right now but I guess its going to pay off in the long run by filling these lakes that were essentially dead near me. I'm excited to try Travis, I just got my first ski last year so I've never been on it. My father in law has a sail boat out there, I never wanted to go though, I need something with an engine I might even try Medina one day, last time I was there it was damn near empty and I was about 8 walking around on the lake bed.

Have you guys ever tried Belton Lake? It looks cool from the maps.

+1
    avoid lake austin all all costs on a holiday weekend. even if PWC were not banned during those times.

travis i feel with it being full again will be a madhouse this year with so many people finally able to return to the lake. if i were going to ride on the 4th id go to canyon.

+1
    can't get the laquinta at marble falls so i think we'll ride some lakes up here that we haven't ridden yet.lake worth,eagle mountain,possum kingdon,lake of the pines.yeah when we do come down to ride austin we go early about noon the dumbass's come out boats,you could just sit in one spot and write ticket after ticket for being too close to other boaters.

+1
    can you ride pwc's on austin friday the 3rd?i'd hit it early like 9a to 12 then be gone.can you ride pwc's on inks?is it even worth it?marble falls is pretty small.

+1
    No on the 3rd! You can look up Austin parks and recreation website from sun up to sunset PWC`s are off limits. Lake Inks you can ride PWC however it is a small lake.... around 700 acres and there is a Texas State Park on the lake and it is popular fishing and kayaking but you can ride PWC and boats. I see more jetski at Lake Marble Falls even though it small more like a river.

+1
    Looking forward to riding LBJ on the 3rd. Been so busy lately , haven't gotten to ride in month or so, the rainy weekends didn't help either. Anyway, Hopefully the lake won't be to awful crowded before noon on Friday. Thought I'd take advantage of a day off school and work and log some hours on the ski before the 4th of July madhouse hits the lakes. This will be my 1st experience on any Austin Lake, it's long overdue.

Thread Information