is very URGENT the update firmware is very bad
    thanks

+1
    You have to use the firmware that is avaliable on rivas website,
    Do not use the latest firmware from Vipec.com

yes this is the latest riva firmware but is not good for SHO

What problem are you having?

+1
    2482 seems to be junk that doesn't work on the SVHO either. What you need to do is go back into firmware upgrade. It gives you the option to install the older firmware version by selecting it. I'm using a unreleased version 2395 that works ok with the newer maps. Its a raising rate setup, so its probably not what you can use.

yudluz2 is possible you email you version please ?

+1
    PM me your email address

+1
    sys973

Sorry to hear you had some confusion with our firmware. Reviewing your emails with Riva Technical Support, the issues you are having are trying to use a base map created on an old version of firmware with this newer version firmware. As a result, you are probably seeing richer than normal AFR's. You can correct this by one of two ways:

1. Using the firmware that you originally tuned your map on and matching ViPEC VTS software. If you are uncertain on the specific version you require, you can email Riva Technical Support with a data log from when your tune was created. Using this data log, we can determine the exact firmware version.

2. Update your map to the latest firmware which will require you to make minor fueling adjustments. This will allow you to use the latest PC link software. The main benefits of doing this will be improved fueling, and easier start up during cranking, among other benefits.

The issues you are experiencing are results of a custom map created on older firmware that you are trying to use on newer released firmware.

Part of the issue you are experiencing is ECT & IAT corrections on your old map are no longer used on the updated maps. There are no issues with the previous versions of firmware/software. The main purpose of updating the software is to prepare for upcoming manufacturers models & features.

Ultimately these issues you are experiencing are not related to the updated firmware.

Hope this clarifies things for you.
    Last edited by RIVA CREW; 06-22-2015 at 10:34 AM. Reason: spelling correction

+1
    I don't know what type of problem the other guy is having. But my issue with the new software and firmware with the new map for the svho is very simple. As soon as you install the firmware upgrade the ecu will not power down. The only way it will power down is to unhook the battery. Even after everything is programmed and you start the ski again. Same thing. You have to disconnect the battery to get the ecu to power down. Tried the install twice. Gave up and went back to the old setup. I have wasted more time with the vipec issues on five different skis for the past 3 years my head is still spinning and I'm sure others feel the same way.

+1
    YudLuz2

I notice in your profile you have a conversion GPR. Is this the ski your having issues with? What modifications are done to it? What gauge cluster are you using with this GPR conversion? Who are you speaking with at Riva Technical Support with these ongoing issues? We will follow up with the email conversations. Have you sent in the ECU for inspection? If yes, what was the RMA#?

Have you tried removing the lanyard & waiting approximately 5 seconds? This is required to power down the ECU? This change has been in effect for a while now. If this amount of time is too long to power down for you,this amount of time can be changed under the auxiliary outputs --> ECU Hold Power section.

If you are removing the lanyard & the ECU still does not power down, you may have an old map that needs to be updated. We can assist you with this. Please contact Rob at robc@rivamotorsports.com He can assist you with updating your map.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information