Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Suggestions on a problem

So, I have one of those POS "safety" gas cans that are a tremendous pain to hold up, slide the button, press the handle down and keep the nozzle pointed in the right direction. I have just recently mastered walking and chewing gum so I tend to get a little overwhelmed at multitasking...... OK, while putting gas in the FX SVHO yesterday and while trying to actually make gas come out of the friggin gas can, I put too much pressure on the can's plastic nozzle and it popped off and shot straight down into my gas tank. I know, you're probably shaking your head right now. If it's just gonna bob around down there and not cause any problems, I can live with it but if it can damage anything I'll do what I have to do I guess. I am going to pick up one of those "mechanical fingers" things and try not to drop that into the tank as well while blindly poking around and hoping to make that one in a million grab and pull the thing out. Any other (smarter) suggestions would be appreciated.

Johnny

If you pop the plastic bulk head plate off under the front cover. You will be able to see the tank and with a torch see inside. You could then also pop off the filler hose and get in that way.

Whilst removing the pump I dropped one of the little rubber feet. I had to bend a fork, drill a hole in the handle so I could tie some string to it. With the aid of my phones camera I was able to fish it out.

+1
    Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

Banned User
    +1
    Here in Florida you can visit one of your local trash transfer stations and they have a shed with objects that are free for the taking. Usually shelves of good chemicals, spray cans, etc. They have a section of gas cans, all of which are usually the old style. Free for the picking. Go check. I've never paid for a can and got some of the good 5 gallon "race" style ones.

+1
    I'll have to check that out. The SVHO can burn a little fuel so I end up using gas cans every couple days. My one "safety" can takes as long to dump as my other three "dangerous" cans combined. I'm gonna burn that damn thing.

Banned User
    +1
    Racing fuel jugs can be purchased fairly cheaply if you can't find any. Around $25 plus shipping. You're in Alaska I'm quite sure there's some circle track dirt racing going on. Stop by the pits next race and find out who's selling em locally.

7. +1 by:

+1
    I switched all of my safety cans with this and it works just like the old style. http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Sp...ter+can+nozzle

9. +1 by:

Where in Alaska johnny? You should be able to fish it out of the tank...and burn the silly cans. That being said I removed my truck fuel tank (1968 ford) to fix a leak and found a jerry can nozzle in it, could have been there forever....no grief.

Don't leave it in...parts in that tank aren't cheap

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug78 View Post
    Where in Alaska johnny?
    Hey Doug,
    I'm in Wasilla. I live on Lake Lucille so it's nice to come home from work, walk down to the dock and take a quick spin around the lake. Beats loading up the trailer and all the gear, then getting to the lake and realizing I left the key in the other car. Done that a few times.....haha I'll have to pull the FX this weekend and dig into it the way sparkyme suggested to see if I can't find that thing. Then find some better fuel jugs or at least put new spouts on them.

+1
    http://ezpourspout.com

i bought two and they come with vents. They sell 'water' ones for states they can't ship to.

13. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information