+1

2000 GTX 951 Charging System

Hello all. I have a 2000 GTX 951 carb model. I had the carbs completely rebuilt this spring and the ski has ran great. Until 2 weeks ago I was out riding and I looked down and saw a blinking red light and 12V Low flashing. Rode it back in and threw the charger on it and was reading 11.9 volts. So I fully charged the battery back up to 12.6 volts and started it. After cranking it started and went to 12.5 volts on the trailer. Now the issue is on my ski the recifier is built into the mpem. I dont see any blown fuses on thee mpem or the rear electrical box. So I dont know if this is a stator problem or a rectifier problem. I could hook up an external rectifier with a aftermarket harness and doesnt seem like that big of a deal. The stator looks to be a pain in the rear to get to. Whats the easiest way to test to see exactly where my problem is coming from I dont want to just start buying parts. Thanks for any help possible

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    check the output from the stator in a/c volts

go with the external regulator and harness, otherwise you wallet will bleed out before you can hit the beach.

and yes, if you have to pull the stator for a repair, it is a HUGE pain. h-u-g-e

coming from someone who works on them for a living, may be a job to let the dealer do, if you need a stator, should be a 3 - 4 hour job, plus parts, not alot to save you the aggrevation. just my 2 cents

4. +1 by:

+1
    Yeah its a huge pain in the a $$. Have 1 bolt left holding the magneto cover on. The new stator came in today. Going to have my buddy give me a hand getting the cover off and hooking up the new stator. Discovered the seam on my oil tank leaking as well. Saw this is a common issue. So I ripped out the old tank and I am going to replace that as well. Hopefully this will solve my problem. I am going to wire in an external rectifier after the season. Pretty sure that stator is is the worst possible position. But I have come this far with it so mind as well fonish the job.

Thread Information