Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What to buy?

+1

What to buy?

Looking for some insight from the experienced.

My wife and I are looking at getting into this fabulous sport. For her it probably will be a VXR/S. For me I'm considering the same but I'm also tempted with the FZR/S. One concern is the difference in fuel consumption, but also will the VXR/S always be trying to play catch up?

I'm not going to be doing any modifications to either one of them. Is the "RIDE" system on the VXR/S worth giving up the acceleration on the FXR/S?

Thanks

+1
    Hello. What type of water conditions do you normally ride in?

+1
    What type of rider are you? Hell bent for water? FZ might be what you're looking for. My wife rides a 2013 FZS in learn mode,45MPH. I on the other hand ride a 2014 FZR. For the most part cruise along with her with bursts of insanity. It all falls into how you want to ride. The VXR/S is no slouch. Coming from a 2011 VX Deluxe the ride of the FZ series is much better and the FX are even better.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroStream6 View Post
    Hello. What type of water conditions do you normally ride in?
    Mostly small lakes and rivers. On the large bodies of water it can get pretty choppy if the wind starts blowing or on a busy boat filled day.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SVHOKidd View Post
    What type of rider are you? Hell bent for water? FZ might be what you're looking for. My wife rides a 2013 FZS in learn mode,45MPH. I on the other hand ride a 2014 FZR. For the most part cruise along with her with bursts of insanity. It all falls into how you want to ride. The VXR/S is no slouch. Coming from a 2011 VX Deluxe the ride of the FZ series is much better and the FX are even better.
    My wife would defintely be classified as a beginner but eager to ride and learn....me on the other hand have some experienced but it has been quite a while since being out on a ski.
    One of the reasons I thought about just getting her the VXR/S and possibly me too was for the RIDE system. It sounds like it would be really nice in the maneuvering around the docks.

So the VXR/S doesn't handle very good in anything other than glass huh?

+1
    Being on the lighter side and hull design it won't give her a plush ride but not bad. My wife and I have rode in chop on our ol VX. What you can do is load her ski with drinks,snacks,tow rope ect to add a little more weight to soften the ride.

+1
    Ideally ask the dealer for a test ride.

+1
    I ride my vxr in all sorts of conditions. It can be a wet ride sometimes but who buys a jetski to stay dry? As for it playing catch up with the Fz that depends ... Will you be leaving the Fz stock??

+1
    Buy two FXHO's... comfortable ride, tops out in the low 60's, extremely reliable, good fuel economy.

The supercharged skis are awesome. But, unless you're going to race, it's not worth the extra cost, maintenance and fuel usage for power that you'll rarely use. Most of your cruising will be in the 40's.

I can't offer an opinion about the VXR. It's faster than the FXHO with the same N/A motor. I had a VX110 and hated the ride. The new hull design is supposedly a much better ride.

+1
    Love my 2014 VXR. When I saw the 2015 VXR's come out with Ride I was kinda sad I got mine only a few months before. But once I saw some news on how much lighter the 15's are they ride a bit more rough. The way I ride now, the 15 really doesnt matter, and I kinda wish I had a FZS. I was close to buying a Seadoo RXTX but went with the VXR to start and am super glad I did. regular gas, no super charger to mess with, easier on gas etc. My girlfriend loves it... Thinking of getting an FZS in a year or two and giving her the VXR

Edit: +1 FXHO I looked at one today and the 15's are impessive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information