Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    +1
    Just a quick update guys.... put my old 13/19 back into my ski. Turns out the 14/20 was not a good setup for my GPR. It now has balls I never knew existed, very happy I swapped the props!

Quote Originally Posted by ryffryda View Post
    Just a quick update guys.... put my old 13/19 back into my ski. Turns out the 14/20 was not a good setup for my GPR. It now has balls I never knew existed, very happy I swapped the props!
    That's great. Here's a dumb thing to check...that was just discovered on an '07 ski like yours.

Verify the throttle is opening all the way. My son's ski needed 1/4"+ additional pull, which wasn't noticed since the throttle bottoms out on the hand hold. picked up ~2.5mph and a lot more bottom. 2 minute fix.

ski ran much like you described with the 14/20. I went ahead with a head and efi controller to get that big hole shot...wouldn't have needed it if throttle was opened all the way. Was using a 87mm nozzle as Prism suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    You can do it to a lesser degree if you wanted, but this is how I did the bucket and hood on the 2003 GPR. Just wrap the drill bit with electrical tape about a quarter of an inch from the end of the bit. Wrap it about 6-8 times around. It acts as a drill stop to prevent drilling into the back of the wind screen. Attachment 364829Attachment 364830Attachment 364831
    Just an fyi- my kid took the bucket out of his 07 gpr, and low and behold...picked up 1mph!...just as you said. sucked the vinyl down as you mentioned.

Do you have a pic of how you're hanging the big hoses. when discon'd I'm presuming you're pointing the opening straight down to prevent a splash running with gravity??

not to hijack post, the OP should be on this as well.

+1
    I have no air hoses in the 2003 ski and the girlfriends 06 has no air mods yet. Have been too busy to get back and continue modding it. But yes...I would hang the drier hoses in a position to minimize water introduction if I was concerned. I have sucked water on the 2003 but I had a leaking cooling line and a malfunctioning builge at the same time. I know alot of people take the siphon bilge out of their nozzles for "more performance" but I'm not convinced there is any upside to this but there sure is a down side as evidenced by the 2003 ski. That was the one and only time of confirmed water intrusion and I'm wide open as far as air...only an R&D race filter on it. I do stay to 98% fresh water and only the Hudson once in a while.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GpaaH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryffryda View Post
    That's great. Here's a dumb thing to check...that was just discovered on an '07 ski like yours.

Verify the throttle is opening all the way. My son's ski needed 1/4"+ additional pull, which wasn't noticed since the throttle bottoms out on the hand hold. picked up ~2.5mph and a lot more bottom. 2 minute fix.

ski ran much like you described with the 14/20. I went ahead with a head and efi controller to get that big hole shot...wouldn't have needed it if throttle was opened all the way. Was using a 87mm nozzle as Prism suggested.
    I'd be pissed if that was the issue lol. I'll check it out this weekend, thanks for the tip.

+1
    i usually ride on the Hudson out of haverstraw and go over to croton . it was rough out there this summer, gpr isn't as stable as my wave venture. recently purchased an 06gp1300r stock except for dplate install. im a little confused about your theories of the nozzle. i thought the 05+ had the larger pump ie 87mm stock? correct me if im wrong, do you think its better to order an older gp1200r nozzle until i make more power. this winter i will be adding PPK jetworks mod, some plate + grate and prop (need to read more to decide if i want acceleration or top speed). jims plates seem to be the best but rather pricey. currently pulls like crazy over 30mph. as well as free flow and filter. everything was just rebuilt , injectors sonic cleaned, no bore just rings and seals for 120 compression across the board. considering milling and porting but idk if i can afford 93+ for the life of the ski

+1
    just found for 170? seems like a good idea and will pull like yours? or is this not a good ideaYF CD 13-19 Stainless Impeller

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information