Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Modded my 06' GPR1300, now it is slower.

Hey guys,

I recently modded my 06 GPR and now it is slower than ever. I purchased - RIVA Pump Seal Kit, RIVA Top Loader Intake Grate, Solas 14/20 Impeller, Riva Ride Plate. Install went well, not sure what went wrong.

It doesn't really pull until around 30mph, very slow off the start however. Top end I did gain about 5mph, dreamometer says 78 was top speed. Takes a very long time to get to the top speed however.

Please help?

+1
    Your setup has changed for more top speed so it wont take off as fast now but a Leo's holeshot kit would help improve that and prop might be to tall.
    Last edited by Smokes; 06-17-2015 at 04:56 PM.

+1
    It is not cavitating is it? Just not as quick. You also went from a stock grate?

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryffryda View Post
    Hey guys,

I recently modded my 06 GPR and now it is slower than ever. I purchased - RIVA Pump Seal Kit, RIVA Top Loader Intake Grate, Solas 14/20 Impeller, Riva Ride Plate. Install went well, not sure what went wrong.

It doesn't really pull until around 30mph, very slow off the start however. Top end I did gain about 5mph, dreamometer says 78 was top speed. Takes a very long time to get to the top speed however.

Please help?
    14/20 is to much for a stock motor needs to be depitched.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokes View Post
    Your setup has changed for more top speed so it wont take off as fast now but a Leo's holeshot kit would help improve that and prop might be to tall.
    Where can I find myself Leo's holeshit kit?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MalinTas View Post
    It is not cavitating is it? Just not as quick. You also went from a stock grate?
    Correct, I went from a stock grate. I've heard the term cavitating, but don't fully understand it. Can you explain it to me? What is happening is, it has like no pull, once it hits around 30mph I can feel it truly kicking in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    Hey guys,

Please help?
    Jim, what do you prefer pitch wise instead? Based on my research on the forums most people said 14/20 would be best. Now I'm confused :\

13\19 would be better unless you get into the motor with a milled head, and fuel controller, remove the CAT and install a D plate and tune from there... those bolts ons that you have are meant more for hook up and will load the pump more, add the fact that you stuffed a 14\20 in there and you don`t have enough azz to use that combo... leo`s holeshot won`t help with bottom end with that impeller, however it will make you plane out quicker with the right set up to support leo`s mod.

your next 2 mods should be a TINY TACH, and a handheld or bar mounted GPS. disregard what the drsamometer says, there are notorious for being 5+ mph off...

you could also change the venturi nozzle to an 87mm to loosen her up a tad.

+1
    Cavitation is a pressure conversion on the edge of the prop, boiling the water at low temps, causing air bubbles and ultimately losing thrust.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    Hey guys,

Please help?
    Jim, what do you prefer pitch wise instead? Based on my research on the forums most people said 14/20 would be best. Now I'm confused :\
    in your case a 13/19 pitch will work better.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information