+1

2002 Virage txi ground locations

So I'm putting everything back into my virage while I wait for my cylinders to arrive and I got a quick question about the grounds. I know there are 3 grounds. The injector ground I know where it goes so that one Im not worried about.

now on this virage the negative battery wire is coming from the ground on the starter to the battery, is that correct or or should it be running to the rear engine ground to the battery.

Also the ground that is on the same harness as the air temp sensor and tps loom, does it go to the rear engine ground as well?

I looked ker up pictures of virage engine bays and couldn't get a good view of the grounds cause most were covered by shadows and the wiring diagram out of the manual I found showed both of the grounds I stated above to go to the rear engine ground.

just wanna make sure I got it going on the right way

+1
    I would assume the battery ground goes to stator. other ground wires should be able to go to any ground location.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakespiteri View Post
    So I'm putting everything back into my virage while I wait for my cylinders to arrive and I got a quick question about the grounds. I know there are 3 grounds. The injector ground I know where it goes so that one Im not worried about.

now on this virage the negative battery wire is coming from the ground on the starter to the battery, is that correct or or should it be running to the rear engine ground to the battery.

Also the ground that is on the same harness as the air temp sensor and tps loom, does it go to the rear engine ground as well?

I looked ker up pictures of virage engine bays and couldn't get a good view of the grounds cause most were covered by shadows and the wiring diagram out of the manual I found showed both of the grounds I stated above to go to the rear engine ground.

just wanna make sure I got it going on the right way
    The rear engine ground bolt on the left side of the crankcase is used for both the battery negative cable and the main wire harness ground wire. Dielectric grease on the bolt threads and under the bolt head and on the wire ends. Run a thread tap into the bolt hole to clean it out before assembly.

The injector/ignition coil ground wire goes under the grounding bolt for the front ignition coil. Make sure there is no paint on the cylinder boss and the grounding tabs on the ignition coil are not corroded.

I clean up my coil tabs with very fine sandpaper, then slip the fiber washer between the flexible metal tab and the coil body. That puts the tab in direct contact with the cylinder boss. The grounding wire end goes under the bolt head. Apply Nyogel dielectric grease to the tabs, the bolt head and the bolt threads, then assemble. Do not over torque the ignition coil bolts!

Clean all carbon from the ignition coil posts, apply dielectric grease. Make sure the wire ends properly snap into place and are not a loose contact inside.

Thread Information