+1

YAMAHA VXS debating on mods!!

hi im new to this and my english is not perfect so I apologize up front, I purchased a VXS'12 last summer and I loved it but I was speaking with a friend about some mods that I would like to get done on my ski but his advise was to sell that ski and get something else like an FZR but i still owe money on this one, I definitively could use more power and a trim but overall is a blast, so I would like to know your opinion, should I take my friends advice and sell the thing and get another or should i invest in mods??? if i do mods where should I start , thank you guys!!

+1
    If you can get what you owe on the one you currently have so you don't roll any more money into your loan for the new one I would go with purchasing a faster one. That's what I have done, you will spend a lot of money on mods and you could use that money towards a faster one. That's just my personal opinion and what I have done in the past.

3. +1 by:

+1
    For 3 years I owned a 2006 FX HO and was very happy with it...reliable, quick, stable, good power for a NA motor. I understand that the MR1 is completely different that the 1.8 NA in the VXS but I would still like to offer my opinion. After reading plenty of threads with people breaking into the mid to high 70 MPH range with minimal modifications on the SVHO platform, I decided to pull the trigger on a FZS SVHO last summer. All I can say is WOW! The difference in power throughout the entire power band is night and day. I was concerned that my fuel mileage would drastically decrease, it did, but I don't give a shat because this thing is SO MUCH FUN! I currently have minimal mods but am very happy with the outcome, see my thread SVHO Mods Required to Beat a RXPX with R3 to see my mod journey and results. I understand how capable a VXS is and can be, however, I still prefer the potential of the SVHO. When I get tired of 76 MPH I will order a Fizzle and hopefully get another 1-2 mph with much better acceleration. When that still isn't enough I will send out my ECU and have the R3 installed, upgrade the valve train, repitch my impeller and see the 80's easily. This can't be done with the VXS.... unless you want to purchase an expensive turbo or supercharger kit. I'd upgrade and never look back, just my 2 cent.

+1
    thanks Jake thats a great idea, hopefully its not a complicated one with yamaha finance I have never done this before

+1
    Sabers you have a valid point, i think that i need to roll with the big boys and step up!!! i better start working on getting that FZR

Thread Information