Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2008 Seadoo RXP Experiences/Purchase Advice?

I'm looking at buying a 2008 RXP 215. Does anyone own one? Experiences? I've read that the up until 2007 the superchargers gave a lot of problems. I know even after then they still need to be rebuilt periodically.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/boa/5053891228.html

Would this be a good deal if I could score it around 6K?

I had an 07 RXP and had no issues with SC. Even had a stage 1 kit on it. If you do your regular maintance of oil changes and Supercharger rebuilds, you should be good. You live in Raleigh NC ?

Yep! How far are you away? I'm looking at skis and I honestly don't know exactly what I'm looking for. I've debated Sea Doo RXP/Wake/Spark and Yamaha VX/FX series. Just looking for something to take to Falls Lake and occasionally Lake Norman. The Sparks look fun but the newness of the engineering scares me.

+1
    I've never owned one, so I cannot comment in that regard, but you should be aware that the ski is most likely going to need a SC rebuild. The person who made the ad seems fairly detailed and did not mention that it has ever been rebuilt at any period in time. Prices vary by location but $6,000 could be a decent in-season buy (including the cost of rebuilding the SC).

The Sea Doo RXP, Wake, and Spark are all very different machines. There really haven't been any major manufacturing issues with the Spark even though it is a fairly new machine. You should instead decide if a ski like that will really meet your needs. If you are having trouble deciding what route to go, you should decide what you're willing to spend and then list your wants/needs from that point.

The older RXP is a very wet ride.

+1
    i bought a 04 rxp because of how "fun" it is to ride. it has a grate, sponsons and alot of hours on it..
    its alot better than a gpr hull, but the overall experience when carving up, getting splashed in the face, its the experience. even owners of newer doos love riding it and always walk away smiling. its not a chop monster. but its just good fun

I live in wakefield/North Raleigh and ride at Falls Lake most of the time and if not there then up at Kerr Lake. We should meet up sometime and ride !! I got a 09' RXP-X 255 with Riva Stage 1 and its a beast, lol

Thanks for all of the comments. Nice Eric, when I get one I'll let you know I live in Northwest Raleigh off Leesville so not too far away!. Your rig sounds awesome. I'd say I could go as high as 6500 in terms of budget. It's something both I and my wife will ride individually mostly. She's not into 2 people riding and neither am I really. I could see eventually adding another if we end up using it a lot. However before that could happen I would have to get a new tow vehicle as right now I'd be using a Honda CRV with a towing capacity of 1500 lbs so unless it was 2 sparks, its not towing 2 skis. I don't think we will be using it for tubing. We both like to water ski but I can't really see using it for that either unless you can buy a ski rack for it. I haven't seen any ski racks, only wakeboard racks. I guess that makes sense as the skis would be a lot longer.

I used tow dual ski's with a ford focus, lol. A little slow going uphill, but got the job done. You can certanily find some nice used ski's with $6500, so I'm sure you will find one soon. Well, hit me up on here when you get a ski and we'll have to go riding. Happy hunting and if I can help in anyway, please let me know !

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tmmercer View Post
    Thanks for all of the comments. Nice Eric, when I get one I'll let you know I live in Northwest Raleigh off Leesville so not too far away!. Your rig sounds awesome. I'd say I could go as high as 6500 in terms of budget. It's something both I and my wife will ride individually mostly. She's not into 2 people riding and neither am I really. I could see eventually adding another if we end up using it a lot. However before that could happen I would have to get a new tow vehicle as right now I'd be using a Honda CRV with a towing capacity of 1500 lbs so unless it was 2 sparks, its not towing 2 skis. I don't think we will be using it for tubing. We both like to water ski but I can't really see using it for that either unless you can buy a ski rack for it. I haven't seen any ski racks, only wakeboard racks. I guess that makes sense as the skis would be a lot longer.
    You shouldn't have any issues towing two skis with a Honda CR-V. A budget of $6,500 puts the Spark out of reach. The $4,999 MSRP is just to get you in the door, most people are leaving with a bill upwards of $7,000 after all is said and done. I believe there is a pricing thread in the Spark sub-forum if you'd like to read what people are paying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information