Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    hkss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Germany Karlsruhe
    Posts
    617
    +1
    59

    VTECH Datalogger setup questions

    Can I use a smartphone (droid) for the dataloggers setup and loggfile handle,
    with no mobile internet access?

    At home when the jet is in my garage, I have WLAN.

    I mean, before I go out with my jetski, I power on the datalogger (ODB port connection) turn on ign once,
    start app on the phone - "connect to board" - make my setup - autologgin on - then go out riding - leave the smartphone at home.

    When comming home - Bluetooth + WLAN aktivated "connect to board".

    Then what happen?
    The phone get the loggfilenames from the day? so I can upload them to the server?

    Or it is completely impossible to logg files without a smartphone running all the time?


  2. #2
    Sanfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    S/E Florida
    Posts
    2,540
    +1
    783
    You DO NOT leave smartphone behind. The datalogger and smartphone must constantly be connected (bluetooth) during the entire time.

    Here is what I do:
    • Connect data logger
    • connect key to ski
    • start BRPDiag app on android
    (it should say connected with board)
    • Log-in to my vtech account by clicking "tap to connect"
    (phone should now be connected to logger and vtech)
    • Click "REC" when you are reading to record a log.
    (ride)
    • Stop recording when ready (I stop while out on water)

    Next you can proceed to uploading logs to server. Once on server, go to computer and visit www.brpdiag.com.

    During all this, I either have my Android tethered to my primary smartphone or I swap my main phone SIM card to Android phone. In other words, Android is always online.

  3. #3
    hkss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Germany Karlsruhe
    Posts
    617
    +1
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    You DO NOT leave smartphone behind. The datalogger and smartphone must constantly be connected (bluetooth) during the entire time.

    Here is what I do:
    • Connect data logger
    • connect key to ski
    • start BRPDiag app on android
    (it should say connected with board)
    • Log-in to my vtech account by clicking "tap to connect"
    (phone should now be connected to logger and vtech)
    • Click "REC" when you are reading to record a log.
    (ride)
    • Stop recording when ready (I stop while out on water)

    Next you can proceed to uploading logs to server. Once on server, go to computer and visit www.brpdiag.com.

    During all this, I either have my Android tethered to my primary smartphone or I swap my main phone SIM card to Android phone. In other words, Android is always online.
    This is the normal procedure - like I do it two times already.
    And I have to do this sometimes again, to get a perfect setup step by step.
    And I absolutely understand why you told me to do so.
    I have read your thread and this is perfect describtion how to do and why to do so.
    I use my Ski 98% the year in the same behavior - I am not doing crazzy things with it like cc-race
    So I want to use autologging all the time to see sometime whats going on

    But....

    Sometimes I lost bluetooth connection - sometimes the App freeze - Internet connection fails -
    and more...

    I want to reduce the handling with this damm smartphone to a absolutely minimum.
    So I asking, if I can leave the smartphone at home

    You say the Logger need bluetooth connection all the time he is logging.
    Ok - thats a clear statement - Thanks a lot.

    So he need a mobile internet connection to my brpdiag account all the time too?

  4. #4
    Sanfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    S/E Florida
    Posts
    2,540
    +1
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by hkss View Post

    So he need a mobile internet connection to my brpdiag account all the time too?
    I've never not had an internet connected smartphone so I don't know. How difficult is it to tether it to your primary phone or just swap SIM cards? It only takes me seconds to do and have complete access to everything.

    I'm guessing your primary phone is an iPhone?

  5. #5
    Or you go ACTIONS
    and in that submenu enable Automatic logging.

    Then it will start recording as soon as you start the engine.
    Log will be named Autolog1 and so on.
    Max 32 and oldest will be deleted automatically

  6. +1 by:


  7. #6
    hkss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Germany Karlsruhe
    Posts
    617
    +1
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECH.SE View Post
    Or you go ACTIONS
    and in that submenu enable Automatic logging.

    Then it will start recording as soon as you start the engine.
    Log will be named Autolog1 and so on.
    Max 32 and oldest will be deleted automatically
    So my confusion is perfekt

    You say "Or"!
    "Or" for what? For Bluetooth or mobile Internet connection? or both?
    You read what I am posting at first?
    Your answer can be come over that no mobile internet connection and no bluetooth is necessary for logging.
    But Sanfish say - I need Bluetooth connection all the time. This is not true?

    OMG - I dont know if my bad english is responsible for all this missunderstanding. Sorry.
    I try my best, to formuate clear - maybe this sonds complicated and funny. Sorry.

    @Sanfish Never iPhone! Nobody from my friends here in Germany have a iPhone.

  8. #7
    What hes saying is if you go in the app and turn on autolog you can leave your phone at home and then when you get back you can log into the app and pull all the logs that are automatically logged everytime your ski turns on and off. They will be a new log everytime your ski starts. So if auto log is on you wont need anything until you want to view the logs

  9. +1 by:


  10. #8
    is thinking. grantuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    770
    +1
    20
    Ok great news, I am new to this logger too.

    so to confirm 100%, connect logger to ski, power up ignition, connect app to board, enable auto logging.

    from then on the phone does not need to be on the water with the ski, it will just create a new log every time you start the ski?

  11. #9
    spouk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    649
    +1
    30
    For me... Autologging is always enable... Each time I connect the logger it's Autologging... No more worry each time I start the engine it create a log... It works pretty well...

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by grantuk View Post
    Ok great news, I am new to this logger too.

    so to confirm 100%, connect logger to ski, power up ignition, connect app to board, enable auto logging.

    from then on the phone does not need to be on the water with the ski, it will just create a new log every time you start the ski?
    Thats all. Only part that stinks is normally after a log I add notes as to what I did where I was so I can remember what was going on. With autolog your not doing that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. VTECH Datalogger questions
    By hkss in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-14-2015, 02:47 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-06-2015, 09:59 AM
  3. VTECH datalogger questions
    By imp0ster in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-01-2014, 11:54 AM
  4. trim setup question
    By Lnewland in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 08:38 AM
  5. Jetworks Setup Question
    By Chrisrokc in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-30-2007, 02:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •