Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Rochester/Buffalo NY

Always looking for people to ride with. Normally on conesus lake but work right near the niagra river.

+1
    I'm in Lake View\city of Buffalo. Always looking for people to ride with too. Let me know if you're ever heading out in this area. The ride from the city of Buffalo, down the Niagara around Grand Island is always fun.

+1
    Sweet man. Just saw this. PM next time your headed out. I was just out friday

I'm not far from the Niagara river, let me know if you're ever heading out. Also if you're up for coming over the boarder I have some good places to ride for all conditions.

+1
    I'd come over for sure. But are you at the upper or lower river?

I could do either. I grew up riding the lower but now live closer to the upper just over the peace bridge from Buffalo.

+1
    I'm down anytime, let me know!! Still haven't gotten mine in the water this year, and this weekend looks like another bust.

ryandi2 we could launch from the NFTA boat Harbor and meet jmgoertz on the water somewhere.

+1
    My GF is pushing hard for a trip to see Niagra Falls in 2016. Since that is an eight hour drive from my home, I'd like to bring the Sea-Doo and stay a few days. Can anyone give me some tips on where to see some of the local sites from the water and good places to beach/anchor it?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Premix View Post
    My GF is pushing hard for a trip to see Niagra Falls in 2016. Since that is an eight hour drive from my home, I'd like to bring the Sea-Doo and stay a few days. Can anyone give me some tips on where to see some of the local sites from the water and good places to beach/anchor it?
    Well, you won't be seeing Niagara Falls from the Seadoo. The river is restricted near the falls.

It is possible to ride the Niagara river both above and below the falls. There are Rapids and power plant whirlpools downstream that make the Niagara river interesting, scary and challenging. Do not ride there without an experienced local.

Away from the falls area the Niagara river shoreline is pretty but not spectacular. The river is fast flowing, in some areas very fast flowing.

On the Canadian side the Niagara Parkway is a pretty drive. Niagara-on-the-lake is a quaint town with a walkable Main Street. Niagara Falla, Ontario has the better views of the falls area with close access to the edge of the Canadian Falls. The downtown area is too commercial and over the top for my tastes.

The town of Niagara Falls, NY is grittier. There is an observation 'half-bridge' from the US side.

The Rainbow bridge crosses to Canada and actually has good views of the falls. The bridge is also pedestrian accessible so you can walk to the middle of the bridge for viewing and photos. Keep walking and enter Canada

Hadn't checked this section in a while, but I live in Rochester, usually launch at Irondequoit and ride on the lake. I keep pretty busy, but I'll try to check in on this thread to see if anything is going on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information