+1

My Bilge Pump Install 13 RXT-X

After spending WAY too much time reading about bilge pumps on here I went ahead and installed one on my '13 RXT-X.

Everyone has their opinions on where it should be positioned, how it should be wired, etc.. I took the route of doing an install I felt comfortable with, and would accomplish my goal, which was to have a bilge positioned in front of my motor, the only place I have seen water gather so far. Yes, some people say put it in the back of the ski in case of carbon ring failure or other catastrophic events. Personally, if the ski is taking on that much water, or I have something happen that is THAT bad, I will be in the water, far away from the ski and will let Progressive take it from there. lol

Anyway, I purchased this bilge kit off of ebay, which another member had linked to in another thread.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/PWC-Sea-Doo-Seadoo-Wave-Runner-Jet-Ski-Universal-Bilge-Pump-Kit-Rule-500-gph-/141670578629?vxp=mtr

The good part about the kit, it includes everything, pump, switch, hose, epoxy and a nice aluminum outlet. The not so great part, they give you about 2 feet of hose and it's that cheap plastic that dries up over time. So, I went to the auto parts store and bought a 5 foot section of heater hose. I also realized after the fact that the pump only costs about $35, so it may be cheaper to actually buy all of the parts separately.

First I epoxied the pump strainer to my hull. I took the pump and soldered on the amount of wire I needed to get it wired straight to the battery and with a switch in the glove box. I ran a 2 amp inline fuse directly off the positive of the battery, then connected the other end of the fuse line to the switch. Then wired the switch to the pump and ran the ground from the pump to the battery.

Cutting the whole into the hull for the outlet was a bit nerve wracking, but it came out good and the aluminum outlet looks like it came from the factory.

Here's some pictures, hopefully this post can help out someone else looking to install a bilge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1836.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	362420   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1837.jpg 
Views:	485 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	362421   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1855.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	362422   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1856.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	362423   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1868.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	362424  

+1
    Sweet man...looks good! Same one I ordered and gave the link you mention. lol Crazy.

+1
    Yep, it was you Q!!! Thanks!!

Pic of the switch

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1854.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	362426

Looks good man. Mine is just about the same except i put my thru hull outlet up front by the reg. numbers co i can see if its pumping out.

+1
    Very nice clean install, well done!

+1
    Looks good. All you need now is a black hull fitting.

+1
    I think the bare stainless fitting looks good.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    Looks good. All you need now is a black hull fitting.
    It kind of looks white in that pic, but it's bare like Q said, actually looks just like the tow hook.

+1
    tpd--Thanks for the post on how you installed your pump. I like where you put the outlet. I will be doing the same. I just aquired my 2013 RXTX with 36 hours. What a boat. The ride--the handling--the IBR. I just sold my 2007 80 MPH RXT. Also has several fast RXPs. I plan on doing 74-75 MPH with this boat. That will be easy to reach with a flash--air intake and prop. And will be very realiable. Thanks again for the info.
    Ray

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    tpd--Thanks for the post on how you installed your pump. I like where you put the outlet. I will be doing the same. I just aquired my 2013 RXTX with 36 hours. What a boat. The ride--the handling--the IBR. I just sold my 2007 80 MPH RXT. Also has several fast RXPs. I plan on doing 74-75 MPH with this boat. That will be easy to reach with a flash--air intake and prop. And will be very realiable. Thanks again for the info.
    Ray
    Good to see you back posting Ray. I now have a 13 Tx also and love it. So much better than the older hull. I know you and Austin will have that sucker modded out in no time

Thread Information