Cool ~DEBATING on a 2002 Sea Doo GTI LE~

Would like some opinions on this ski...I don't know much about ski's but said he bought it at a home and boat show in 2012 when it was completely rebuilt by a PWC dealership. Asking price is $2600 w trailer. Looking for a ski to pull my kids around on a tube, nothing crazy but yet I'd like some power to throw myself around on here n there.What do I need to look for, ask, etc. THANKS FOR THE HELP

+1
    I used to have one. I loved it. It's no power house but it's plenty stable and perfect for families. It runs like 45mph. Pretty reliable too. Check the purple exhaust pipe curling down beside the engine, it has plugs in it that corrode over time and leak water in the hull. Other than that their pretty solid. Make sure you test ride it and inspect everything real good, like the prop and wear ring. Ask good questions like what oil was ran, how often the pump oil was changed, has the carb been cleaned, etc. as for price, obviously condition is everything, I paid 3200 for the 02 gti, a 96 gts, and a 07 load rite trailer 3 years ago. Gti was in pretty good condition. Good luck.

Edit: fwiw I sold the gti le to my father in-law who still rides it, and besides the exhaust pipe leak, a wear ring, and a carb cleaning, it's been problem free for MANY hours.

Thanks for the input!! Appreciate the help

+1
    No problem!

+1
    Oil tanks are common to leak at the factory seams. Spark plug wires are notorious for losing signal inside the 90 degree bend where it connects to the electrode snap. Easy fix though.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    Oil tanks are common to leak at the factory seams. Spark plug wires are notorious for losing signal inside the 90 degree bend where it connects to the electrode snap. Easy fix though.

That model has a one piece oil tank. The exhaust pipe corrosion issue is common. I fixed my with some aluminium brazing. The exhaust pipe is the silver pipe not the purple one. Its pretty much as Magnum described it.

Thread Information