LR-502 module on carburetor 1999 Genesis

The 1999 genesis is the only model to use the LR-502, was updated the next year. My LR-502 is bad. I cant find a used or new one anywhere. Any idea where I can buy one?

Anyways this is why I know it is bad, if I leave everything connected I have no spark, etc. ski wont crank with lanyard in, etc.. However If I disconnect the black and yellow wire from the LR-502 ski runs great, just no stop button. (but I just use the lanyard which is fine)

So for now I was just going to run the ski like that. However previous instructions from another thread say

"Also unplug and bypass the LR-505's start solenoid control wiring. Unplug the Black/White and Purple/White LR-505 wires, then use a jumper to short the Black/White and Purple/White wire harness terminals together.

OR just jumper the Black/White harness wire directly to any Black/Ground terminal.
    This also by-passes the MFI security/lock function."

There is no purple and white wire on the LR-502. There is black/yellow, black and black and white.

What I have done, is just tapped off the black and yellow coming out of the LR-502 and that is my fix.

However I am concerned if I am doing something wrong per the above instructions mentioned a purple/white and black white.

Also since I do have a black/white I tired the alternative instructions above by trying to ground that and it just killed the ski.

The only way I can find to fix this problem is to buy a new LR-502 (which I cant find), or just remove the back and yellow like I have and use the tether to stop the ski.

Thanks so much
    Last edited by K447; 06-16-2015 at 11:52 AM.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Thanks for posting this.

Is your 1999 Genesis a carburetor engine or Ficht fuel injection?

The combination of LR-502 and LR-31 (carburetor engine only) used in the 1999 Genesis can be replaced by the combined Start/Stop module LR-505 (carbed engine) or LR-503 (Ficht fuel injected engine).

I need to cross check the wiring diagrams but from memory I think all the color coded wires will match up. I also need to check which electrical box these modules reside in as I recall the carb engine machines have two electrical boxes, one near the engine and one behind the front storage area.

Thread Information