Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ultra 150 carb adjustment

I've been looking online for days now and can't seem to find the exact answers I am looking for so I apoligize if this is a repeat! I have 2 freshly built ultra 150s one was built 2 years ago and I've only put about 10 hours at most on it the other I just this past weekend was able to perform the brake in procedure. The ski with 10 hours was bogging down at low rpm when clamping the throttle then after a little feathering would clear up but never seemed to reach top speed, it would run fast but not what I felt it should run. Once I got the skis home and pulled the plugs I noticed 2 out of 3 plugs were pretty oily. I'm thinking I may need to adjust the carbs but am reluctant to do as Im not a carb guy and I've heard stories about guys blowing up motors with poorly tuned carbs, I mean I'm not afraid to get in there and rebuild or adjust if needed but I'd just like to do some homework first. Maybe a low speed adjustment is needed? The ski has new plugs and fuel filter. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

there is no adjustments on the cv carbs, which makes modding these engines kinda of dangerous. i would rip down those carbs and make sure all slides are moving freely and the inside of those carbs are spotless including the screens under the needle and seat.

Oh wow ok I thought there was a high and low speed adjustment, if that's the case maybe I'll spend the $120 for the rebuild kit and have at it

+1
    Actually, there is a low speed adjustment, called the pilot screw. It's buried, and virtually impossible to find/adjust without removing the carbs.

Any pictures of the pilot screw? I have a rack of junk carbs in front of me and i see no adjustment screw anywhere

+1
    No, but I've adjusted them on my Ultra and one of my STXs. You have to turn the carbs upside down. Mine were covered over with grease so you couldn't see it.

the low speed screws are covered with a plug you have to drill out i believe but it sounds like you have dirt or crap in the low speed circut. just pull them and do a full rebuild

A plug you have to drill out? This sounds nuts to me.. i have done full rebuilds on atleast 4 different sets of carbs and never seen any mixture screws.

+1
    No, mine didn't have caps on them, just grease.

I was wondering if someone could help me with figuring out how to tune my carbs on my 03 Kawasaki ultra 150 I recently burned a hole in one of the pistons and was told it was running to lean how do you fix that issue?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information