+1

2012 rxt260 IBR fail

Bought a 2012 rxt260 about a month ago. private seller, no warranty, 70 hours on the ski. I've been riding it since I bought it, first for a whole week at Norris, last weekend on the river all day. Today, launched, it wouldn't go into reverse, then it wouldn't go into neutral, it would only go into forward and nothing else--which made tying up a challenge... got it stopped and off. tried driving it around in the harbor a bit, would only go forward, then into limp mode, then check engine and IBR lights came on, no neutral or reverse, then it started beeping. got it back home, hooked up to the hose and tried it again, and it was fine. Interesting side note, friend has same exact ski, same year, with over 200 hours and the same problem started for him a couple weeks ago. first--what's wrong? 2nd--did seadoo put little timing gremlins in the ski that say the IBR module will only live 3 years regardless of how many hours are on the ski?

+1
    First check to make sure nothing is jamming up the IBR. The IBR'S are very sensitive to low voltage. If your battery is low or going bad this could also cause issues. It could also be your IBR module is on its way out.

+1
    Mine went out on my 12 rxtx with only 55 hrs, I hope its your battery! The good news is that for the 1k it cost to replace it you get an updated part.

+1
    Did you do a search??? Theres another thread with tons of info what to check etc.

"More IBR Issues after replacing module"

+1
    I'll look at that thread, thanks. mechanic looked at mine, reverse bucket was loose, and the left bolt was missing--it backed out, didn't shear off, so lucky there. It worked fine on the hose after that, and diagnostics didn't show anything else, so I'm a little bit hopeful that was the cause of the problem. also heard today to try cleaning connections, so I guess I'm gonna learn something new. Other friend with the same ski has to have IBR mod replaced--ouch. crossing my fingers...

Quote Originally Posted by karenkins View Post
    I'll look at that thread, thanks. mechanic looked at mine, reverse bucket was loose, and the left bolt was missing--it backed out, didn't shear off, so lucky there. It worked fine on the hose after that, and diagnostics didn't show anything else, so I'm a little bit hopeful that was the cause of the problem. also heard today to try cleaning connections, so I guess I'm gonna learn something new. Other friend with the same ski has to have IBR mod replaced--ouch. crossing my fingers...
    Did it work when you dropped it back in the water?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by karenkins View Post
    Loose or missing hardware will absolutely cause an IBR light. You should be good for now. I have a 2011 RXT-260 with 180 hours of mostly salt and brackish water and IBR is still fine. I think failures are pretty random. There is some rust on my IBR module from salt so I expect a failure at some point. I wish I had fresh water to ride in.

Thread Information