Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best cleaning product

Searching for the best product to keep the black on my 3 up orange and black spark looking good. We live on the lake and ride everyday. I found this consumer test on line for plastic car bumper and trim. Great unbiased test,, they suggest ReNu-Finish. here is the article. I am headed to Amazon now to get some

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/m...ners/index.htm
    Last edited by Joel Lake Wford; 06-15-2015 at 02:31 AM.

+1
    Try this and you'll never buy anything else. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KN0...zdL&ref=plSrch

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    Try this and you'll never buy anything else. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KN0...zdL&ref=plSrch
    Love that stuff!

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    I've used the 'wipe-new' with great results and longevity.
    Not on my Spark though...
    The only drawback to it is it is relatively slick when dry.

...that 303 looks like it'd be a pretty good product for the black part, hell, all of the ski - with a matte finish and high UV protection...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    Love that stuff!
    +1. Use that on my 310r works great. Hose it off with salt away and just wipe it with that. Done.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by raceneked View Post
    I've used the 'wipe-new' with great results and longevity.
    Not on my Spark though...
    The only drawback to it is it is relatively slick when dry.

...that 303 looks like it'd be a pretty good product for the black part, hell, all of the ski - with a matte finish and high UV protection...
    Yep, I pretty much used it on everything on my GTR too...all plastics and the seat. Great stuff. I also used this...more of a polish than a cleaner but great to use in between real wax jobs and fast and easy to put on...just spray and wipe.

+1
    I just used mothers back to black on my spark and it turned out very good. as for how long it's going to last im not sure but for the $10 bottle I think it was money well worth it.

If you want to get scuffs off and such, Mr Clean magic eraser sponge. Just use water with it per instructions.
    Note, It will remove wax I believe though.

Thread is from three years ago and just wanted an update. Does anyone have an new recommendations?

I have a black hull and ride in salt water. I learned the hard way and didn't dilute a product enough and it caused to gel coat to looked cracked in a small area. May just consider using hose water from now on unless anyone has any other suggestions for a product and a wax to detail.

+1
    Thanks for resurrecting this thread; I’d heard about the 303 product line on a speedboat forum I frequent but, THIS THREAD was the kick I needed to “Just Order It”

Dang, very sorry to hear about your gel coat, if you don’t mind me asking, what was the product that wasn’t diluted enough? (Very curious.)

As far as cleaning, we transferred what we learned about cleaning guns over to our toys (classic cars, boats, skis, etc.) and that is, the sooner we clean em after using them the easier (and quicker) it is and there is no better example than salt. (We search hi and Lo for the closest freshwater tap to where we take toys out of salt water, even if means paying for 15 mins access, etc. This has made a huge difference over friends who wait until they get home (sometimes hours and hours while salt dries. F that!)

Even in freshwater, water spots are a b*tvh and especially if any wax or detailer is applied over top of them (making them semi-permanent). If you use search terms “water spots” there are some great threads on that topic on these forums and, based on the most recent, We just ordered some “Ducky’s Spot Remover” and, they have an entire line of cleaning as well as detailing products https://duckyproducts.com/ all available via Amazon, etc.

As far as detailing, and until the 303 protectant we ordered arrives, we have had great success using the same “showroom” detailed we found dabbling in classic cars: https://store.jaxwax.com/Jax-Wax-Bod...-Oz-p/bs32.htm

They have expanded 10x over since we first found out about them and all their stuff is available via Amazon as well.

Biggest challenge for us now is not putting wax on top of anything we don’t want to keep seeing, over and over, in the future ... :-/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information