+1

Svho ride plate shims

So I'm seeing a lot about removing the ride plate shims but nothing on why.. Can someone give me a quick run down on the benefits of removing the shims off of a stock 14 fzr with a 14 fzr ride plate? Any reason not to ? I ride on the great South Bay off Long Island so the water is pretty choppy, if that makes a difference ??

Thanks for the time guys !

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
    So I'm seeing a lot about removing the ride plate shims but nothing on why.. Can someone give me a quick run down on the benefits of removing the shims off of a stock 14 fzr with a 14 fzr ride plate? Any reason not to ? I ride on the great South Bay off Long Island so the water is pretty choppy, if that makes a difference ??

Thanks for the time guys !
    For long Island waters i'll would send the plate to jim, it is really a great improvement in the ocean.

[QUOTE=mattydipps;2572214]So I'm seeing a lot about removing the ride plate shims but nothing on why.. Can someone give me a quick run down on the benefits of removing the shims off of a stock 14 fzr with a 14 fzr ride plate? Any reason not to ? I ride on the great South Bay off Long Island so the water is pretty choppy, if that makes a difference ??

Thanks for the time guy

Jerry saw a gain with it. It easy mod to do without spending money. I'm doing to my ski(whenever I finish the dam thing). Hopefully I will have numbers soon. Jim plate also puts out excellent numbers as well.

+1
    Another ride plate thread???
    The stock 2014 FXR rideplate sucks and is only safe when left as is from the factory. Have it modified by Jim's Performace.

Read my threads here.
    Jim's Mod to 2014 plate
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=215298

Stock 2014 plate testing
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=212047

+1
    Oh, from the beginning my plate was going to be modded by Jim, just heard of some guys removing the shims but never really understood why..

Do you suggest removing the shims with a jims plate?

+1
    Oh, from the beginning my plate was going to be modded by Jim, just heard of some guys removing the shims but never really understood why..

Do you suggest removing the shims with a jims plate?
    I found the stock plate was best with stock shim plates, but still sucked at higher speeds. Look through those links. I did a lot of testing with that plate. Jim will hook you up with the new shims you will need to use with the new plate. You will no longer use the stock shim plates.

+1
    [QUOTE=a_rod856;2572611]

Thanks for the time guy

Jerry saw a gain with it. It easy mod to do without spending money. I'm doing to my ski(whenever I finish the dam thing). Hopefully I will have numbers soon. Jim plate also puts out excellent numbers as well.
    I love the GSB except for the chop. You should get your plate done by Jim, which he will include directions with 2 settings. One with front fender washers and no stock shim plates and the other with no washers but stock shim plates for ocean riding. Definitely check out gus's links, it's a must read. Thx Gus!

+1
    Matt we gotta meet up soon and ride , gl with the plate

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith88 View Post
    Matt we gotta meet up soon and ride , gl with the plate
    Let me know when !! I have limited time available to actually ride now a days.. (Going through a complete remodel of my house to get it ready for when my son or daughter is born in November) but with a few days notice, I'd love to see what that 310 could do

Thread Information