Carb shaft seals

I have a 2001 gti that has a sticking carb. I have read it is the carb shaft seals but haven't found a how to on replacing them... It sure isn't obvious looking at the carb(already pulled it) Alternatively I can buy new or send it for rebuild, any recommendations? I'm looking to get it fixed this week so I can get out for Father's Day

+1
    Nothing works like a brand new carb so that's going to be my recommendation but if you want to fix it, wsm sells a throttle shaft rebuild kit. You have to file the back of the little screws that hold the throttle blade on then unscrew them and take the blade off. Then you can slide the shaft out. It's actually the plastic bushing that gets stuck not the seal

Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Nothing works like a brand new carb so that's going to be my recommendation but if you want to fix it, wsm sells a throttle shaft rebuild kit. You have to file the back of the little screws that hold the throttle blade on then unscrew them and take the blade off. Then you can slide the shaft out. It's actually the plastic bushing that gets stuck not the seal
    If I go new, best place? I'm having a hard time finding the carb for sale. It's a 2001 gti with a single carb. I can find the dual mikuni setup easily but this one seems to be an anomaly. I also haven't been able to pull the cable bracket off the back of it which is why I was thinking rebuild....

Thread Information