+1

What is supposed to go here

So in looking for a spot to mount my bilge pump I came across this bolt hole. What is supposed to be screwed in here and does anyone know what size bolt will fit here? I'm thinking of usuing it as the mount hole for my bilge pump. The ski is a 2012 Gti. If someone has a better spot let me know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seadoo1.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	168.3 KB 
ID:	362145Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seadoo2.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	187.7 KB 
ID:	362146

+1
    Sure you could make a bracket to mount a bilge pump there but, you might want to replace your carbon ring, check engine alignment with the pump, and clean that nasty looking hull up!

Seriously.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Sure you could make a bracket to mount a bilge pump there but, you might want to replace your carbon ring, check engine alignment with the pump, and clean that nasty looking hull up!

Seriously.

I have already had the dealer replace the carbon ring that is why the hull looks that way the person who had the ski before me it appears let the carbon ring go and conintuned to ride like that there is crap every where in the hull.

+1
    Having a Bilge pump is a plus. But, Your ski shouldn't need it if the carbon ring was replaced and the engine is properly aligned. Are you getting lots of water in while riding?

+1
    Nope no water while riding right now at all but since I bought the ski and the carbon ring was bad at 31 hours on a 2012 I'm not taking any chances. I figure better safe then sorry. I would hate to be 10 miles or more offshore and it decides it wants to start taking on water again. My other ski is a Kawasaki Ultra LX I boughtit new and have never had a single drop of water in the hull so I'm not putting one in there just this ski. The prior owner it looks like the beached it a lot and and kept getting sand in the pump and eventually it screwed up the seal atleast thats what the dealer said but from the amount of sand in the hull it sounds correct. I still cant complain when I bought the ski it was a 2012 with 31 hours runs great and came with a 2013 triton double trailer for $4500. Sold his double trailer for $1200 and so only paid $3200 for a 2012 with 31 hours pretty sure that was an ok deal even with having to fix the carbon ring.

+1
    Like I said, your engine and pump is NOT aligned and the reason for all the carbon ring dust. You will keep replacing them until you re-align the engine. This is a very common problem with the new hulls and there is a ton of info on this subject, do a search.

Here is just one of the many on the topic: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=218638

Bilge pump is smart, but the drive line needs to be fixed first!

+1
    Like I said, your engine and pump is NOT aligned and the reason for all the carbon ring dust. You will keep replacing them until you re-align the engine. This is a very common problem with the new hulls and there is a ton of info on this subject, do a search.

Here is just one of the many on the topic: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=218638

Bilge pump is smart, but the drive line needs to be fixed first!
    Engine was re-aligned when the new carbon ring was installed. I already knew this was an issue on these skis and was the reason I had the dealer do the carbon seal instead of doing it my self as I didnt have the tool to do the alignment. All of that junk has been there since i bought the ski and the carbon seal was bad at that time. I have tried to clean the hull out a bit but still didnt turn out so well for some reason the water doesnt drain out of the drain plugs so great I'm assuming it because it appears the drian holes that feed to the rear drains is forward on the ski under the drive shaft but I could be wrong but the two holes there apear to be the only drain spot.

+1
    Start reading at post #315 here: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=170389&page=8

In addition to the pump and engine being out of alignment, several guys have found that the thru hull fitting that holds the bellows and carbon ring in place is not centered up.

DO you really trust the stealership performed a thorough inspection of all of this?

+1
    Start reading at post #315 here: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=170389&page=8

In addition to the pump and engine being out of alignment, several guys have found that the thru hull fitting that holds the bellows and carbon ring in place is not centered up.

DO you really trust the stealership performed a thorough inspection of all of this?
    LOL jtp7779 of course I do not trust my dealership they suck. I know more about the ski then they do and almost all of that knowledge came from here. In fact its like you mentioned when I went to pick the ski up I asked the mechanic if he re-aligned the engine when they installed the carbon seal and he told me no that it wasnt the issue so I had to leave the ski another week for him to do it. The local dealership here is terrible. No water is comming in at this time the bilge pump is just an extra saftey measure.

+1
    Ok then it sounds like you are up to speed and versed on the subject.

There are a few tapped holes like you found in the hull for bilge pumps, depth finders, etc.

Go for it.

Thread Information