Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

Thumbs up 2012+ FX with Jim's plate mod and Leo's pump wedge

Surprisingly there is no information about Jim's Performance ride plate mod and Leo's pump wedge combo done on a 2012+ FX ski. I just installed these items on my 2014 FX SVHO and was very impressed! Handling was better, even in the rough, and was faster. If you have been thinking about getting these items, contact Jim (Jim's Performance) and just get it done! You wont be disappointed!

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Thank you gus very much, Been doing that combo for a long time and yes it works awesome. One bad thing that hull has when ski is stock it plows thru the waves and very wet ride the plate mod and wedge gets rid of that. Went out with Wayne's ski today with Leo and after a full tank of breaking it in i opened it up and you know how ruff lake tarpon gets there were ton of boats they had a fishing tournament the ski went thru that stuff like nothing and was glued to the water.

3. +1 by:

leo

+1
    Let the mods BEGIN!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Surprisingly there is no information about Jim's Performance ride plate mod and Leo's pump wedge combo done on a 2012+ FX ski. I just installed these items on my 2014 FX SVHO and was very impressed! Handling was better, even in the rough, and was faster. If you have been thinking about getting these items, contact Jim (Jim's Performance) and just get it done! You wont be disappointed!
    You just can't help it can you.. not going to do anything but ride it.
    Although I really love the plate on my FZ that Jim cut. So I have no room to talk

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    Thank you gus very much, Been doing that combo for a long time and yes it works awesome. One bad thing that hull has when ski is stock it plows thru the waves and very wet ride the plate mod and wedge gets rid of that. Went out with Wayne's ski today with Leo and after a full tank of breaking it in i opened it up and you know how ruff lake tarpon gets there were ton of boats they had a fishing tournament the ski went thru that stuff like nothing and was glued to the water.
    You hit the nail on the head! That is exactly it. At first I was surprised how wet the ride was stock, then found the ski in stock form was better with bow 1 click up position. Now with the plate and wedge, neutral seems to be best. And handles better.
    Keep up the great work!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Let the mods BEGIN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Willfzs View Post
    Although I really love the plate on my FZ that Jim cut. So I have no room to talk
    Hey a little rideplate and wedge never hurt anything. And makes it ride better. Win win.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Let the mods BEGIN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Willfzs View Post
    Hey a little rideplate and wedge never hurt anything. And makes it ride better. Win win.
    I need to do that to my FX, but my stock ride plate is pitted from the previous owner keeping in the salt all the time. I'll have to send a pic to Jim to see if I need to get another plate to cut or not.

+1
    The Modded Plate & Leo's Wedge makes a huge difference on the big azz FX's, especialy when running in the chop & offshore! Prior to installing them the FX would tend to plow bad (exactly how Jim described), especially on a full tank. With just those 2 easy bolt on parts - it REALLY wakes up the ski, gives you another 2+ mph, and adds to the fun factor too..

Plus, they are a great gateway drug for Gus
    Last edited by WP3223; 06-14-2015 at 05:09 AM.

Lake Lion
    +1
    How much is the wedge? Anyone have one for sale?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbutta View Post
    How much is the wedge? Anyone have one for sale?
    Here is Leo's contact info.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...&highlight=leo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information