Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

svho riva stage 1 cooling kit help anyone?

I know this kit is 20 bucks online but is there anyway i can do it without having to order it all i see is a drill bit a hose clamp and a 3 way bypass looks pretty simple to me i can get that stuff at a local hardware store i just need the instructions on what to do maybe you guys can help out thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BumblebeeFZS View Post
    I know this kit is 20 bucks online but is there anyway i can do it without having to order it all i see is a drill bit a hose clamp and a 3 way bypass looks pretty simple to me i can get that stuff at a local hardware store i just need the instructions on what to do maybe you guys can help out thanks!
    http://rivaracing.com/file/6215-RY10...pgrade+Kit.bin

+1
    5/8 paddle drill Home Depot and a 1/4 or so pilot. Do a search I have a write up somewhere on it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	362065  

+1
    Dang, you have to remove the exhaust manifold to install the "T" fitting and drill out another. Boooo!

Took this from the install guide. Can someone explain to me why? I thought a reflash required more cooling.

Note: This cooling upgrade is not intended to be used with an aftermarket or reflashed ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    5/8 paddle drill Home Depot and a 1/4 or so pilot. Do a search I have a write up somewhere on it
    Def not the drill bits used on the stage 1 kit. If you use that 5/8 paddle you won't have a fitting

+1
    Yes... thanks, I looked at this kit, It has a 1/2 Though Hull thought it was larger diameter Like R&D

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmfmk3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    Def not the drill bits used on the stage 1 kit. If you use that 5/8 paddle you won't have a fitting
    whats bits are used on the stage 1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by UnleashedBeast View Post
    Dang, you have to remove the exhaust manifold to install the "T" fitting and drill out another. Boooo!

Took this from the install guide. Can someone explain to me why? I thought a reflash required more cooling.

Note: This cooling upgrade is not intended to be used with an aftermarket or reflashed ECU.
    The SVHO with a reflash or aftermarket ECU will need even more cooling than what the stage 1 cooling upgrade can provide. This is due to the higher RPM with the ignition change, which makes more boost & heat. Also, if you did an ignition change, you will need to install a larger,more efficient intercooler. The OE intercooler also gets overheated pretty quick with higher boost/RPM that comes with an ignition change.

The purpose of the stage 1 kit is to make the OE cooling system more efficient. So, with a stage 1 kit, the engine/intercooler does not get as heat soaked under hard riding conditions.

Also, pulling the exhaust manifold might look intimidating, but it's really not a big deal.

I had my stage 1 cooling kit installed last week. If you/dealer installs this kit, just make sure ALL of the clamps get tight, or you will get a lot of water in the hull like me. smh

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam SHO View Post
    I had my stage 1 cooling kit installed last week. If you/dealer installs this kit, just make sure ALL of the clamps get tight, or you will get a lot of water in the hull like me. smh
    did you feel any difference?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information