+1

DI burning up fuel injectors. Cant figure it out

I had a problem with an intermittent misfire on the water. I came home and ran it on the hose and saw the FUEL injector glowing on the inside. I changed the injector and the ski ran ok not great for the next couple runs. I come home run it on the hose and the injector is glowing again.

So now I change the injector and the MPEM and it thing ran great for a few times then started missing again. I run it on the hose and find out that the spark is arcing through the boot. easy fix. Start it up and it starts missing on the front cylinder AGAIN. pull the plug and there is way too much fuel.

I turn the ski off and unplug the injector and I actually heard it close so its getting stuck open. I plug it back it and it doesnt open again until I start it. Once I start it, it gets too much fuel and I have to unplug the injector to get it to close.

I cant believe both MPEM would have the same problem back to back and I am all out of spare parts now

This is all over the coarse of 2 years BTW. I dont get a lot of time to work on my own ski

Im not getting any MAINT light ether and I am very familiar with the DI system I work on them all the time. I also have a scanner

+1
    if you work on DIs all the time, take the time and install your suspect parts into 1 of your other machines to see what is bad and what is not.

+1
    I dont have other DI machines. I had a pile of extra parts from a ski I scrapped but I used the 2 injectors and MPEM already. I cant go frying parts on customers skis anyway.

+1
    Well I figured out the problem just not the cause yet. The injector is bad. It grounds itself out and completes is own circuit when I wiggle the top of it. Now I just have to find out why this is the third injector with the same problem and they are all on the mag cylinder

what are you getting for voltage to the injector, you should try checking that and see if for some reason it's getting too much voltage though i would think that would trip a maint. light. but worth a try

+1
    I checked it the other day it was pretty close to battery voltage. Good suggestion though. I have yet to take it out and inspect possible causes

Thread Information