+1

10 GTX ltd is 260 leaking hull Suspension Ski

Anyone have any Ideas were a low hour Suspension ski may be taking on water ? anything common they have repaired in newer Years ?

+1
    carbon seal for the driveshaft and look at intercooler hoses while running through the rear deck openings.

Could be many places. Carbon seal, IC water supply, exhaust, waterbox, or even from closed cooling. It's hard to say. First I'd check colour first to decide if it's outside or inside cooling water. Then go from there. Check for black powder under carbon seal, could be a clue. Worse case, wrap all water connections with dry shop rags, ride n see which ones are wet.

So many possible souces.

+1
    not that easy to work on thats for sure , I dont see any leaks on cooler hose's or anything in back while running on water antifreeze is good not changing level, it was parked on beach once so far when it filled up had some waves go over side and fill up the gunwales , do they normaly just get water in them ? rode it yesterday seemed ok pulled drain plugs and water came out for a while not sure how much , but who knows how much its siphoning out while im driving it

Quote Originally Posted by gp1200rider View Post
    not that easy to work on thats for sure , I dont see any leaks on cooler hose's or anything in back while running on water antifreeze is good not changing level, it was parked on beach once so far when it filled up had some waves go over side and fill up the gunwales , do they normaly just get water in them ? rode it yesterday seemed ok pulled drain plugs and water came out for a while not sure how much , but who knows how much its siphoning out while im driving it
    Water in gunwales isn't going to cause any problems. They are so low that the fuel compartment cover and engine cover are out of reach unless the ski is underwater! The water sitting in the gunwales can't go anywhere but out the back, not even near the rear storage. That won't be your problem.

How much water are you talking about? Maybe ride n measure it out of the drains. After riding all day you can see quite a bit cone out, but not bucket loads.

+1
    Tilt it up on a trailer and fill it up with water just below the bellow band or so...let it sit and check for leaks. I was chasing leaks like crazy on my px for weeks. I had water leaking out around the original exhaust, around one screw holding my riva exhaust outlet all kinds of places around my Jims ride plate. It was a huge PIA but I finally solved all my leak issues and now it's bone dry after I ride. i also had to redo my thru hull fitting as it was cocked a bit of to the side and I could see water pissing in the ski while it was idling. The drive train needs to be perfectly aligned else you will have problems.

Oh another thing, sea doo upgraded the stainless hat to a larger diameter....if your in there anyways probably worth just replacing everything including the shaft just to know your good for a long time.
    good luck

+1
    I rode yesterday about 10 miles came back around 50mph put it on trailer took out storage beens on both side and it had about 10 gallons in it, Id saly thats alot, considering the siphon hoses were probably doing there jobs must be major leak WTH

I rode yesterday about 10 miles came back around 50mph put it on trailer took out storage beens on both side and it had about 10 gallons in it, Id saly thats alot, considering the siphon hoses were probably doing there jobs must be major leak WTH
    No shit, that's a lot. You should find this as it must be pissing in. You could always set up a GoPro in the hull. I'd first have it pointed at the carbon seal end of the acordian boot - I bet under throttle it's coming in there.

+1
    Im guessing I have to replace all the shaft and parts to the 2011 cause they changed it because of it failing so much, wondering if this is a Recall ?

+1
    Im guessing I have to replace all the shaft and parts to the 2011 cause they changed it because of it failing so much, wondering if this is a Recall ?

Its not a recall , but you should upgrade to the old style cclip... As said before fill it up with water to the bellow then see if water is coming out anywere.

Thread Information