Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Throttle Body Cleanout.

Ive been searching for a old thread somewhere, where a member cleaned out and basically gave a new life to their throttle body.
    Anyone tried cleaning one up, and what were their results? Im considering hitting one with the soda blaster...

+1
    Boring out a TB is not unusual ,Jerry's done it on an old ski I had it done on my GPR which had 3 thick plated TB stacks you can bore out for a little more Accel and throttle response ..

On the Ultra 300 I believe the wall on the one 60mm TB opening is pretty thin ,if there are any gains I would be surprised ..

+1
    I think he wants to just clean his dave and looking for the how to thread.(correct me if I'm wrong ). Just take it apart and hit it with some throttle body cleaner can't be too complicated ?

Thanks Gsmith88.. thats what I was going with, just cleaning it up..Just remember a thread somewhere, cant find it for the life of me of a clean out on a seadoo throttle body I thought..

+1
    Most of the throttle Body cleaning you see in cars is due to the EGR valve spitting dirty exhaust gasses back into the intake. This causes some gunk to build up on the butterfly and surrounds, so cleaning is usually a good thing. On the Ultra/STX Engine there is a lack of an EGR valve so you won't get as much crap in that area. Not to say it's impossible due to the fogging port for the SC on the Ultra, but mine usually stays clean and the IC catches the gunk. Not sure which Ski you have, but it's no big deal to remove the intake tube, lightly damp a rag with cleaner and wipe in there if you feel so inclined. Simple and quick..

+1
    Scotch brite and brake cleaner.

+1
    Be careful with a lot of brake/Carb cleaner if you have a throttle body with an Actuator motor for the butterfly. (Ultra3x0. new cars) These chemicals can get in there and cause havoc to the circuitry. Dampen a rag and wipe is best..

+1
    Here is a product to look at. AMSOIL Power FoamŪ (APF) improves engine performance by removing gum, varnish and carbon deposits that affect power, operation, idle and fuel economy. Power Foam cleans intake valves, intake manifolds and throttle plates to keep the combustion intake system running at peak efficiency. Effective in both two-cycle and four-cycle gasoline engines, AMSOIL Power Foam helps reduce engine ping and keeps carburetors and injector systems operating like new. Power Foam is safe for fuel injectors, catalytic converters and emission control devices. It will not damage seals, gaskets, rubber or plastic materials commonly used in gasoline engines.
    Performance Features
    • Cleans deposits from ethanol and degraded fuel
    • Removes gum and varnish
    • Maximizes horsepower
    • Restores startability
    • Helps improve fuel economy
    • Reduces pollution

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produc...SC-EA#?1499968

+1
    cleaning the throttle body with any cleaner is not gonna do anything for performance except cleaning any oil blow by that circulated thru the air intake then thru the IC and resting in the Hose and TB opening ,paper towel would do the job..

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    cleaning the throttle body with any cleaner is not gonna do anything for performance except cleaning any oil blow by that circulated thru the air intake then thru the IC and resting in the Hose and TB opening ,paper towel would do the job..
    Cleaning the throttle body with the correct cleaner will clean the throttle body, intake manifold, intake valve and top of the piston.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information