Thread: Just saying hi

Just saying hi

Hi all, I rented a Waverunner this past winter on Grand Cayman for a half hour and decided I liked it so much I'd go ahead and buy one for my lake house this last week. That one was limited to 40mph. I ended up with a 2009 FX SHO that was a new hold over in 2012 and purchased 3 seasons ago by a gentleman who ended up only riding it a handful of times so went ahead and sold it to me. It is barely broken in.
    I just rode it for the first time this week and it seems to move out pretty good. I didn't gps it but in the blink of an eye I hit a speedo 70mph and the limiter and the wind or waves don't seem to slow it down. The impressive thing is the instantaneous throttle response and how fast it gets up to speed. I've been boating for 42 years but never had the urge to buy a ski until I actually rode one.

Anyway, I look forward to being part of this site now.

+1
    Welcome aboard! You should trailer that sucker to the Miami area sometime, put it in the water, and head for Bimini. Yes, I'm serious! Look around the forums here; people do it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    Welcome aboard! You should trailer that sucker to the Miami area sometime, put it in the water, and head for Bimini. Yes, I'm serious! Look around the forums here; people do it all the time.
    I'd love too but Miami is 2000 miles away. That's a hell of a tow.

+1
    I towed mine there from south Louisiana to do it. 2 days in tow, 3 days in Bimini, 2 days back. That's exactly a week. So in your case, I'd allot a bit more time for towing. And if you turn it into a two week shindig, that's an entire week in Bimini! Or exploring the entire Bahamas.

Thread Information