bilge pump outlet location

I have a 2 1992 waverunner 3 which I purchased last fall. The last time we took them out we beached them and were hanging out in the water and the hull took on alot of water due to the vent drain on the side breaking while riding causing all the water coming into the vent to be drained into the hull instead of out. It was a perfect storm kind of situation but I don't want to have this problem again so I bought a automatic bilge pump. I have 2 options on running the drain. Out the side or out the back. I would prefer the back but am concerned about the height of the outlet. I have seen a few other people with these skis running them out the side instead of out the back. What do you guys think. thanks, Sean

+1
    I know mine and yours are two different machines, however to shed some light on your question I think the best option is out the rear. I run a bilge pump in my 99 XPL and it pumps out of the rear next to the jet pump. The hose is long enough to run up from the pump to the top of the compartment, loop from right to left across the top, then back down the compartment to the thru hull fitting. I hope this and the pics make sense. if not let me know and I can get a better pic to show you the hose routing. I think if you were to exit the side then you would have to deal with the debris or oil or anything like that being pumped down the side of your ski. through the rear it would just exit and that's the end of it. My .02 cents.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2972F.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	362136Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2973.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	362137

+1
    If you place the outlet below the water line you must create a loop in the line that will rise far above the water line in the same manner as exhaust houses are routed from the waterbox. The loop prevents water from going the wrong way.

Point it up at a 55 degree angle so you can soak your motherinlaw on the dock..

Thread Information