+1

STX-15F ride mods - need current sources for parts

I'm interested in some ride mods for my newly acquired STX-15F. I need some current answers.

1) does anyone know if there is any current source to purchase Beach House sponsons for this ski, or even a correct part number?

2) Ride plate - Can you "mod" a ride plate for this ski, like all the Yamaha guys that send them to Jim's Performance? or is the R&D plate totally different? If so, then what is the best source for R&D ride plate, I have seen info that the kit to keep the reverse is no longer available, so that would be a deal breaker for me.

+1
    There isn't much aftermarket support for this boat anymore. The guys who like to modify have moved on to the supercharged Ultras. I was looking for a ride plate and sponsons for my '12 15F a couple of years ago and I found some Worx sponsons and I ordered a Shredmaster ride plate. I think Kawasaki had the handling of this hull dialed in with the STX-R but I think the additional weight of the 4 stroke engine changed the hull's performance quite a bit.

+1
    I've seen the Worx sponsons available, but the price of over $300 for some pieces of plastic and screws is pretty ridiculous. I saw that the Beach House are listed around $200, but can't find a place to actually order them. I also see Riva or R&D variations, but also expensive and can't find anywhere to purchase.

The R&D plate with reverse kit seems to be available.

I'm also interested in the R&D filter that goes inside the stock air box, I'm curious if anyone has tried it? I have an exposed K&N filter on my Honda turbo, and it's a pain when you want to wash down the engine. I would rather keep the water protection of the air box.

It seems these minor mods will push this ski into the upper 60mph range, which is enough for me to have fun and be safe. I really don't know why more people don't buy these. They have great speed and punch without the complications, fuel consumption, and maintenance of forced induction systems. I think the only rival is the Yamaha VXR.

+1
    I agree with you that it is a solid boat. What's amazing to me is it uses fuel at about the same rate as my '98 GTX-RFI but it makes about 50 more horsepower and is about 10 MPH faster. The boats with boosted engines do kick harder at all speeds but there is a cost in fuel and repairs.

+1
    Yeah most places have no ride plates for sale and sold out.
    You can mod the stock plate...would have to contact Group K in Arizona about it I think they charged like $80 or so
    and it was supposed to give 1-2 mph more.

I have the Riva air intake it seems to help with acceleration some not much with top speed.

With a rideplate, intake and exhaust and impeller and some free mods people were running 66+ which is moving for a NA ski
    that is really good on gas.

+1
    Well, we have a 2004 15F that we'll be selling sometime soon. It has the BH sponsons on it, and they made a big difference. We also have an after-market ride plate.

I have a family connection who owns a plastic company, and we were telling him that he should make sponsons for the 15F. This merely confirms that we might be on to something.

Let me ask him if he's interested - he'd have to figure out a mold and do some R&D....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandi_k View Post
    Well, we have a 2004 15F that we'll be selling sometime soon. It has the BH sponsons on it, and they made a big difference. We also have an after-market ride plate.

I have a family connection who owns a plastic company, and we were telling him that he should make sponsons for the 15F. This merely confirms that we might be on to something.

Let me ask him if he's interested - he'd have to figure out a mold and do some R&D....
    If you're selling the ski, then sell me the sponsons and ride plate, I'll send back my stock parts if necessary. You won't make any extra $$ on the sale for those parts.

8. +1 by:

Thread Information