Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Oil injection ??

Hello all. Got a question hope some can lead me in the rite direction. 95 seadoo 587 gts I know it's old and slow but it runs and it was dirt cheap. My question is the previous owner converted it to premix, done it rite,block off plate the two big oil lines still hooked to Oil reservoir,how hard would it be to hook back up to oil injection, I know I would have to get a new pump.what are the steps of hooking it back up and other than a pump what else would I need.any info would be a great help..thanks

just put the pump in, attach the "oil supply" line from the tank to the pump and attach the small injection line(s) to the rotary valve oil ports (oil ports should have a "block-off" nipple on them right now). Then attach the cable (throttle) to the pump.

+1
    Not to mention if it has a blockoff plate you will need to pull the intake front half and re-install the pump drive gear.

Is it worth going through the trouble. Or just keep using the premix.its not that big of a deal to mix it up.. I sure would like to just dump oil and go

+1
    I like the piece of mind that my engines are getting oil. Pre-mix in all mine. But if it suits you then by all means put it back as per original.

+1
    When maintained properly oil injection is highly reliable. Would never run any of my 2 stroke toys without it. I've never seen a pump go bad, the only thing that fails 95% of the time is the two small lines. They get brittle and crack over time.

Thanks a lot guys.i seen on eBay there is a intake with the injection pump on it for 130 I think. Would they be the easiest route. Then do I need the cable for it also.. Sorry I'm new to the jet ski tinkering..have turned a lot of wrenches just not on these..

+1
    You already have an intake, you just need the pump and cable. I probably have what you need here. I'll try and check it out tonight.

I've never heard of the oil pumps actually failing either. It's always a oil line that cracked or the cable that gets stretched or broken or mostly no maintenance which brings all this on. I know on my skis I have them working on all but the race ski and love just dumping the oil in. Always check your adjustment as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information