+1

Thinking about putting a small shot of nitrous on my MSX150

So this last year I built the engine in my msx and put a little extra in it, ok more than extra. I plan to upgrade to a new standalone AEM ecu this wenter. So the engine is comming out again anyway. In the mean time I have this wet nitrous system laying around from my race car and was thinking it would be a fun little addition. The only weakness in this engine is the head gasket. The cp Pistons and rods can take more than 300hp, and I built it for about 250hp.

I am thinking a 25 shot will be plenty to get the newly piched impeller to 7800. I have 3 degrees more pich than a stock impeller and should turn around 7200 at wot and 60-62 mph. 7800 should be close to 70mph.

I will also be injecting an extra 70cc/min of water/methanol to keep the detonations under control.

Any thoughts other than it will dammage the engine. It won't, it was built for nitrous with ceramic coatings. Again the only thing I could dammage is a head gasket as long as I keep the amount of nitrous small.

+1
    I say H#!! yeah! That would be cool. Packaging would be a challenge. You thinking button activated or rpm switch?

Do you need water/meth inject if your spraying?

Cheers!

+1
    I would run it on a button and only use it after a full bite and hook up. It is a wet system so it would not need any extra water/methanol but since I don't want to change the timing I will run some extra water/meth.

The system would work like so.

The water methanol system would have two nozzles. One 50-70cc/min that operates on the pressure switch like normal at 10psi. Then another 50-70cc/min nozzle activated with a soleniod that activates with the nos. Then the standard nos fogger with 25 hp tip. I would also need to be plumbed into the fuel line on the pressure side for the "wet" side of the nos nozzle. I just need a 5lb bottle because my 20lb is way to big.

+1
    When spraying nitrous water injection is a must to avoid heat dammage and detonations.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hill160881 View Post
    When spraying nitrous water injection is a must to avoid heat dammage and detonations.
    Really?? I thought nitrous had a tremendous cooling effect on the intake charge all by itself. Thus my asking if you were going to bother with both.

Hmm... Do it anyways! I want to see you fly!

Cheers!

+1
    Cooling yes but it has a much faster burn rate than gas. Which is why it causes detonations. So the water slows the cumbustion and buffers the violence of adding nitrous.

also remember that max torque is made at around 12.5:1 air fuel ratio and the only way to get this at wot and not melt down the engine is with water. Most think a ratio of 11.x:1 is better, safer but not more powerful.

the recomended dose of water methanol for 200hp at 17psi boost is about 120-180cc/min depending on fuel grade, air temp, humidity..... So by deciding it up between two injectors like this it should be more stable. 170hp the way it is and about 200 with the nos.

+1
    This is the fuel rail I will use. It is already tapped for a fuel pressure gauge and I can use this spot as a output for the nitrous. Thankfully I won't need another fuel pump because the one the ski runs off of has enough pressure.

I think my nozzles are to big so I will need to get a set for an atv. They usually come in 10-40 hp shots. It will cost about 250 to get it up and running. Maybe by The next trip up to the boat I will have it ready.

Thread Information