2000 polaris pro 1200 no spark now no crank

Ok back drop on what happened, i was riding when my exhaust bolts came lose the bay flooded up to the box right when i was pulling in. I loaded the ski up drained it, tightened up the exhaust bolts ski fired right up got all the water out. I take it the next weekend to the lake again fires up i take it out get across the lake ski just dies, i get towed back pull it up on shore had intermittent spark, i brought the ski home did a compression test just to be sure 120 all cylinders ( caeberated red top btw), got a inline spark tester sure enough no spark or very weak spark. First thing i did was test the battery tested 10.7 while cranking so i charged it tested again 11.3 so i know the battery is good plus its brand new. I then tested the ignition coil and it ohmed out good per specs. Thats as far as i got before i put it up for the night, few days later i go to start messing with it and now it doesnt crank but i can been started by jumping the selinoid. Now im just completely lost, also the update with purple.and red wire to the orange terminal has been done. Any help would be much appreciated i did a few hours worth of research and just couldnt find exactly what i need

I like pipes. I love boost Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Check the push button circuit breaker. It may have gotten wet and corroded internally. I have seen it happen before.

+1
    sounds like a bad solenoid

Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    sounds like a bad solenoid
    Easiest way to test the solenoid? Had a new one installed last year bc of intermittent no crank, could the cdi also cause a no crank?

Also thought i read that i could use a 785 cdi if i use the ignition coil as well anyone have any more info on this

+1
    Does the Pro have a regular ebox? I got water in my ebox from a rollover swamping. There was just enough water in there that on right turns... the ski would cut out and die. But straight and left turns the ski ran great. The little bit of water in the ebox was sloshing a certain way and shorting out the ski on right turns.

So check the ebox is dry... and you should pop the mag stator front cover and ensure it's still dry in there too.

Cheers!

Ok little update, got it cranking pulled the yellow and black wire still no spark still,pulled the grey rev limit wire so eliminated that system as well. Tested for 12v into the cdi via the purple red wire and ground got 12v. Then i tested the brown wire out of the cdi to griund and have 12v. It said the stator is the likely cause does this sound correct

+1
    no you can't use a 785 cdi and coil ,if you have access to another cdi i would try that first if this ski is who's i think it was it has a newer stator in it

It is the ski you think it is the dick ski and it did get a new stator but i followed a right up where i got the info for test it according to that it hhas 12v coming from the ebox

But i dont have access to another cdi or i would test

Thread Information