Stock 07 GTX limited prop question

Hey everyone, did some searching first so sorry if this has been beaten to death. I bought a 07 GTX Limited a few years back as my first ski and rode it a few times a year with no problems. I started reading this forum and not knowing if I had ceramic washers or metal washers or what the status of the supercharger was I had it rebuilt last year.

Here lies the question. I'm about 250lbs and the top speed I seem to get on the ski is around 57-58mph. Seems after reading I should be getting a bit more. After rebuilding the supercharger there was no change in speed at all. When I bought the ski there were a few rocks/shells around the pump housing and impeller. I removed them and didn't think anything of it. When I had the supercharger rebuilt the guy who did it said the impeller looked pretty banged up and the wear ring was pretty bad as well.

I am going to install a new wear ring and new impeller and am looking for suggestions as to what impeller to get. The ski is completely stock now but I am open to putting a few inexpensive ($500ish) performance parts on in the near future. I don't want to get the parts right away but don't want to miss an opportunity to make the first performance move on the ski. Is there an impeller that would still work with everything else stock and just perform better after a few simple upgrades or would I be better off buying an impeller pitched like the stock one and re-pitching it or installing a different one when I decide to make a few more upgrades?

I was thinking of getting the impeller from the Riva stage 1 kit and just moving towards the rest of the kit as I have the $. Does this seem like a reasonable plan or is there another part that I would have to install at the same time for the new impeller to ride correctly?

Thanks for the information everyone and sorry this was so long winded. Ski has 165 hours if that makes a difference.

+1
    Welcome to the GH
    are your rpms near 8100?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneandonlychaz View Post
    Hey everyone, did some searching first so sorry if this has been beaten to death. I bought a 07 GTX Limited a few years back as my first ski and rode it a few times a year with no problems. I started reading this forum and not knowing if I had ceramic washers or metal washers or what the status of the supercharger was I had it rebuilt last year.

Here lies the question. I'm about 250lbs and the top speed I seem to get on the ski is around 57-58mph. Seems after reading I should be getting a bit more. After rebuilding the supercharger there was no change in speed at all. When I bought the ski there were a few rocks/shells around the pump housing and impeller. I removed them and didn't think anything of it. When I had the supercharger rebuilt the guy who did it said the impeller looked pretty banged up and the wear ring was pretty bad as well.

I am going to install a new wear ring and new impeller and am looking for suggestions as to what impeller to get. The ski is completely stock now but I am open to putting a few inexpensive ($500ish) performance parts on in the near future. I don't want to get the parts right away but don't want to miss an opportunity to make the first performance move on the ski. Is there an impeller that would still work with everything else stock and just perform better after a few simple upgrades or would I be better off buying an impeller pitched like the stock one and re-pitching it or installing a different one when I decide to make a few more upgrades?

I was thinking of getting the impeller from the Riva stage 1 kit and just moving towards the rest of the kit as I have the $. Does this seem like a reasonable plan or is there another part that I would have to install at the same time for the new impeller to ride correctly?

Thanks for the information everyone and sorry this was so long winded. Ski has 165 hours if that makes a difference.
    This is the impeller you will want to use on a stock ski or even one with Riva stage 1 mods
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=281

This is the replacement OEM wear ring for your ski
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=518

however the Riva stainless steel wear ring would be what I would put on my ski
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=401

Hope that helps!
    Jerry

Thanks for all the help, ordered the parts tonight and as soon as I get them on I'll report back of the progress. What kind of speed should I be looking for with the new impeller? I'm assuming faster than 57-58 but I'd love a ballpark so I know if I should be looking for a different problem. Thanks again

Thread Information