Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Flooded engine bay on 2015 fx svho...please help!!

So yesterday i took my ski to the dealer and had my RIVA stage 1 cooling kit and new prop installed. After install, i took the ski straight to the water. Ski initially started up (like it should), but after i got it off the trailer it started running funny. I thought it was either the candoo gps unit or the ecu adjusting for the new prop. Was able to get it up to plane and about 2 mins later check engine light and buzzer came on. Ski lost power and died. I pulled the seat and there was water up to the exhaust manifold. I figured the cooling line popped off. I was able to limp the ski back and get it on the trailer. Pulled the water plugs and out drained a bunch of warm/hot water from the inner hull. Besides the obvious cooling line issue, is there anything else i should be worried about. And it was fresh lake water not salt water. I pulled dipstick and did not see white cloudy oil.

Banned User
    +1
    Did you bring it back to the dealer that just installed the parts?

Get it straight back to the dealer. Obviously an issue with their workmanship. For long term piece of mind, have them take care of cleaning, and servicing the engine and electronics, and ensure the event is documented. This way in future years, if something fails you may have some recourse.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Should have removed the seat and run it to determine where the water is entering

The coolant lines are under the exhaust manifold so it was difficult to see exactly where/what line was leaking. I called the dealership that did the install right at closing and let them know. Unfortunately they are closed sunday and monday, so i am taking it back in tuesday morning. I was able to pull drain plugs on the ramp and appeared to get majority of the water out. I dont think it got up to ecu cover, just concerned about any sensors down that low that were submerged.

No worries if it's starting fine

+1
    Did water get in the actual motor?

I dont think it got into the motor. I am not sure which water line came loose, but the water did not get high enough inside to get to the filter or dipstick.

+1
    I'll do a oil change just to be on the safe side....
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam SHO View Post
    I dont think it got into the motor. I am not sure which water line came loose, but the water did not get high enough inside to get to the filter or dipstick.

+1
    don't do anything and take it str8 to the dealer and let them check it out. last thing you want to do is mess with it without them checking it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information